Awesome Genetic info on Buttons and Coturnix Quail!

Also looking for some coturnix quail hatching eggs. I would like the lighter kind of gold color I think they are called Italian? Thanks!

There are quite a few coturnix colors... Do a site search for ultimate color guide lol there is even blue! Will try and bump it

Uh..... so i take it still no one has gotten a hybrid...
Whats the process for bird AI anyhow? Fancy foam spoon and scoop up the foam and spoon coerce it into the hen? **lol**

Bird AI is done with a needle, through that soft spot in front of their cloaca. 

*gag*
My searching online says people do AI with chickens with a spoon or a medicine dropper.
Couldnt you do it with a medicine dropper? Grab the roo, squeeze out the foam, sucker it up, grab the hen, sucker it into her cloaca....?

*gag*
My searching online says people do AI with chickens with a spoon or a medicine dropper.
Couldnt you do it with a medicine dropper? Grab the roo, squeeze out the foam, sucker it up, grab the hen, sucker it into her cloaca....?
I'm sure that'd work but I'm not sure what the success rate would be. I avoid AI because I used to have to do on a dairy farm I worked at when I was younger, and thats a life changing experience for a 16 year old. Still working hard to lose those memories.

I personally love the idea of a hybrid, if the chromosomal matching really does work out. More colors would be awesome. As for all the naysayers on this thread... Both species we are discussing are entirely domesticated and have been for so long that neither would survive in the wild. It would follow that the same would be true of their offspring. The concerns they have are baseless. I'm sure there is more to correct matching than chromosome number, but it sure would be fun to try. But you would have to be ready for all the mad scientist comments. And you would have to work on your "Muuuu Ha Ha!" (evil laugh)

Back
Top Bottom