Awwww! Poor Amazon :o(

glad the birdie got a good home
my african grey parrot HATES me when i wear the color gray/silver and hates gray/silver objects even more
roll.png
parrots are odd characters

Last edited:
Weird that your parrot hates it when you where grey or sliver. I've read one way to help a bird like you is by wearing their dominant color.

I have a green cheek conure and a white capped pionus. My pionus was 'rescued' from a pet store where he was well cared for by people who knew nothing about birds. Even their vet was clueless I only take my birds to a vet specifically trained in avian medicine. When I got him he had a crop infection and was so un-trusting he broke my skin whenever i tried to get near him.

I worked for months with my pionus at first just letting him adjust to his new environment and placing no demands on him. I began sitting quietly with him then moved on to talking to him and one day at lunch he initiated an echo game mimicing the sound it made when I bit a carrot. Now my pionus loves me, he is still a very different bird than my green cheek but he is happy, enjoys copying noises and tries to talk, and I am his safety when he is worried.

I have found Harrison's pellets an easy way to get birds off seed. After feeding Harrison's to my birds I've been able to get them to eat lots of different pellets but stick to high quality like Zupreem.

It takes a lot of work to rehab a parrot but I believe it is worth the effort.

Back
Top Bottom