Ayam Cemani!!!! Anyone know where I can buy an Ayam Cemani?

They are pretty birds, and interesting birds. I have had had pure AC, and I currently have some that are part AC. (Not from Foxfire.) But they do not lay a ton of eggs, and don't have a friendly personality. So I would not have them in the future.

How'd that go? I've thought about getting some eggs from her in the future
It went well. The eggs had some shipping issues no fault of hers, just UPSP. I kept in contact with her and updated as she requested. Kim is wonderful to deal with and I already have 24 more eggs on order for blue/black/splash ameracunas

Come get mine. I have two roosters and four hens; they're striking but I'm over it. The eggs are small and ordinary. In order to propagate the "correct" type, you have to be merciless in culling chicks with pink toes and, after they've got a few weeks or months of growth on them, culling any with gray or white feathering, mulberry combs or wattles, or yellow mouths/tongues, etc. Anything other than inky black, anywhere.

As second concern, culling older birds is wasteful because the skin, meat, bones and organs are also fibeomelanistic. Not black but extremely unappetizing shades of gray. I culled a few early on and ended up cooking and feeding them to our dogs.

I don't cull anymore and one of my roosters has mulberry comb and wattle, and one of my hens has lightly feathered legs. She's in my main flock and lays one small, kinda round, lightly tinted egg per day.
Hi! Do you have any ayam cemani hens left?

Im looking for an Ayam Cemani chicken, preferably some chicks or eggs. Anyone know where I can buy these???

I live in Oregon, if that helps
You need to do some research and find out what type you want. There is the more European looking that is more production body that Most hatcheries have sold in mass and the other is more harder feathered gamebird like such as Raven Banko Lee lines that look more like the birds do in Indonesia… I would say read the breed standard on the Ayam Cemani Breeder Association website and then decide which type you feel gets you closer to that. After you figure out which type you want you should contact different breeders to see where their lines are coming from. If they won’t, or can’t tell you then move on. Hope that helps.
We are in MO and try to breed for the more Indo look and genetics of the Raven Banko Lee lines. Best wishes.
Tina at Jordan Family Farms in Garden City, MO

You need to do some research and find out what type you want. There is the more European looking that is more production body that Most hatcheries have sold in mass and the other is more harder feathered gamebird like such as Raven Banko Lee lines that look more like the birds do in Indonesia… I would say read the breed standard on the Ayam Cemani Breeder Association website and then decide which type you feel gets you closer to that. After you figure out which type you want you should contact different breeders to see where their lines are coming from. If they won’t, or can’t tell you then move on. Hope that helps.
We are in MO and try to breed for the more Indo look and genetics of the Raven Banko Lee lines. Best wishes.
Tina at Jordan Family Farms in Garden City, MO
I’m selling my whole flock. Nice quality and non hatchery stock. I have adults, juveniles, and chicks available. And eggs until the adults are gone.
I’m in MO and SHIPPING IS AVAILABLE.
For info go to:
https://www.jordanfamilyfarms.com/ayam-cemani-chickens/

Im looking for an Ayam Cemani chicken, preferably some chicks or eggs. Anyone know where I can buy these???

I live in Oregon, if that helps
I’m taking orders for eggs and chicks, I am in New Mexico 😊🖤

Attachments

• 5371A2AC-1D58-43E3-8EA8-3DED2561089A.jpeg
    5371A2AC-1D58-43E3-8EA8-3DED2561089A.jpeg
    581.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 1C0346EF-DB88-44F5-A4C0-226AC75B56BC.jpeg
    1C0346EF-DB88-44F5-A4C0-226AC75B56BC.jpeg
    697.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 32986BA5-5DE4-4B8D-B6B3-E469D7074B91.jpeg
    32986BA5-5DE4-4B8D-B6B3-E469D7074B91.jpeg
    426.5 KB · Views: 6