Ayam Cemani Hatching Eggs?

Nov 12, 2018
Whether I buy some Ayam Cemani hatching eggs from my local breeder net spring (spring 20201) or buy from someone else, what is a good price range per egg? Also, does anyone here sell Cemani eggs? Or eggs from"Phantom Cemani" lines? What's the general experience price? I found one seller someplace... but eggs are over $99 for 6.. I want to sometime get at least a dozen hopefully cheaper than $100

I don't know about the quality of the ones I saw, but eBay has lots of eggs and I saw Ayam Cemanis on there. I have gotten some really good quality birds off eBay before. You could check there if you haven't already. Otherwise, I'm not sure

I don't know about the quality of the ones I saw, but eBay has lots of eggs and I saw Ayam Cemanis on there. I have gotten some really good quality birds off eBay before. You could check there if you haven't already. Otherwise, I'm not sure

I just ordered some from eBay...mostly out of curiosity. The seller said they currently have a 100% hatch rate on their sold Ayam Cemani eggs, and is crossing his fingers for my six lol. Granted, that was from the seller, but he also has 100% review rating, so there is that. I paid...$30 plus $10 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153900383593

I paid £3 per egg for my 4 Ayam Cermani from local breeder who also advertised on ebay. All 4 were fertile however lost one at 14 days and another seems a bit iffy. Other two seem okay and we are beginning to hatch.

I just ordered some from eBay...mostly out of curiosity. The seller said they currently have a 100% hatch rate on their sold Ayam Cemani eggs, and is crossing his fingers for my six lol. Granted, that was from the seller, but he also has 100% review rating, so there is that. I paid...$30 plus $10 shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/153900383593
That's interesting. Let us know how they do! It would also be great if you posted some pics of the shipping box and eggs when they come, if the seller is getting good hatch rates they must be good at packaging. It'd help to have photos to share with others, members ask all the time how to ship their eggs.

That's interesting. Let us know how they do! It would also be great if you posted some pics of the shipping box and eggs when they come, if the seller is getting good hatch rates they must be good at packaging. It'd help to have photos to share with others, members ask all the time how to ship their eggs.

Absolutely will do. I ordered 6 Ayam Cemani from the guy in Florida, and another 12 Ameraucana from a woman in Nebraska for the same hatch. It'll be my first lol. But it'll be interesting to see differences in packaging etc.

Absolutely will do. I ordered 6 Ayam Cemani from the guy in Florida, and another 12 Ameraucana from a woman in Nebraska for the same hatch. It'll be my first lol. But it'll be interesting to see differences in packaging etc.
Awesome, thanks! You're in for a treat, first hatches are incredibly stressful at the end! Actually, all hatches are lol. Wishing you luck! Incubating and hatching is an incredible experience, it's like watching little miracles.

Awesome, thanks! You're in for a treat, first hatches are incredibly stressful at the end! Actually, all hatches are lol. Wishing you luck! Incubating and hatching is an incredible experience, it's like watching little miracles.

I'm having an interesting time with my incubator lol. I picked up a GoVee static thermo/hygrometer and hung it near the factory temp and hygrometer wires. I also have a thermocouple with three probes stuck through vent holes in various areas of the incubator. So far I've had it running since Monday. The incubator has to be set at 103°F to get the other four sensors to read 99.5 average (the GoVee ONLY reads average temp...the refresh isn't very quick so it takes a bit to get there....not a super good investment, but it's kind of nice to have an average vs watching for a minute to see the sweep). Humidity isn't even close on either lol. Maybe 10%. I figure I'll keep it 30%-40% to start, then try to crank it up to 70%ish on day 18.

I did take a video of the packaging on both sets of eggs. The Tarbox Hollow eggs (Ameraucana) were exceedingly well packaged. She seems to have found a supplier for soft foam egg holders that worked well. She gave 14 eggs on a 12 egg order. The Ayam Cemani were packaged well also, but very differently. They had bubble wrap wrapped around them, and were nestled in a series of boxes, each larger than the others.

Anyhow, here's the video (excuse the upside down first part, my son was filming lol)!

I'm having an interesting time with my incubator lol. I picked up a GoVee static thermo/hygrometer and hung it near the factory temp and hygrometer wires. I also have a thermocouple with three probes stuck through vent holes in various areas of the incubator. So far I've had it running since Monday. The incubator has to be set at 103°F to get the other four sensors to read 99.5 average (the GoVee ONLY reads average temp...the refresh isn't very quick so it takes a bit to get there....not a super good investment, but it's kind of nice to have an average vs watching for a minute to see the sweep). Humidity isn't even close on either lol. Maybe 10%. I figure I'll keep it 30%-40% to start, then try to crank it up to 70%ish on day 18.

I did take a video of the packaging on both sets of eggs. The Tarbox Hollow eggs (Ameraucana) were exceedingly well packaged. She seems to have found a supplier for soft foam egg holders that worked well. She gave 14 eggs on a 12 egg order. The Ayam Cemani were packaged well also, but very differently. They had bubble wrap wrapped around them, and were nestled in a series of boxes, each larger than the others.

Anyhow, here's the video (excuse the upside down first part, my son was filming lol)!

Thanks! That's very helpful! Built in incubator thermostats usually are horrible. I liked the video!

Back
Top Bottom