AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

Ur welcome, Randy2010...
Many people in here looking pure ones and they dont care with high price.. Like a few weeks ago, somene came to my place
For looking ayam cemani and I said just check by ur self chicken in here.. (because what we have grade 2.. purple tounge, red but more to black eye, purple skin and black blood...)
Ayam cemani have one habbit, they like eat their own feathers...

I have just hatched 3 pure breed ayam cemani chicks from a very reliable source he does not breed them anymore for sale however he is a friend of mine and done me a kind favour,they have black skin pale Grey/purple looking tongue (they are only 24hrs old) ,jet black down it looks like when a person with black hair dyes thier hair blacker,they did seem to hatch slightly too early and had abit of blood and I can confirm it was red,one chick died in shell I really wish I disected it!

I have just hatched 3 pure breed ayam cemani chicks from a very reliable source he does not breed them anymore for sale however he is a friend of mine and done me a kind favour,they have black skin pale Grey/purple looking tongue (they are only 24hrs old) ,jet black down it looks like when a person with black hair dyes thier hair blacker,they did seem to hatch slightly too early and had abit of blood and I can confirm it was red,one chick died in shell I really wish I disected it!

How are the chicks now?

managed to upload one

Last edited:
Does anyone here on BYC breed or even own this majestically breed?
It has totally engulfed me and I am seriously considering moving to American or Indonesia ( from Aus ) just to own a chicken!!!

Anyone who doesn't know of this breed MUST!

This breed of chicken originates from Indonesia. It has jet black ink feathering with a green or purple sheen, it's skin is black and if you cut open this crazy black bird you will find all it's organs, muscle and bones to be black. The only 'light' this bird has is it's cream - off white coloured eggs.
This bird is also known as the "Lamborghini of the chicken world."
This bird is so rare and sought after for it's 'magical' properties that a breeder in Indonesia sells his stock for $2,500 PER, yes that is PER BIRD!!! and $5,000 for a pair and yes, he does sell them and often.

I now believe there are stock in America that where brought over from Indonesia despite the USDA export ban on importing live chickens from Indonesia.

Greenfire Farms has stock here -----> http://greenfirefarms.com/store/category/chickens/ayam-cemani/ not sure how much they sell them for but you do have to place a $100 deposit on the selling birds.

Here is a picture of an Ayam Cemani rooster.
He's a dead sexy bird, but ****! $5000 for a pair of them?

I am working on a flock.
I cant say much except I am in California and I hope to start selling in spring.
I am not allowed to link yet, so if you have questions PM me

Cheers

I visited Greenfire and saw them. THey are stunning! They also have the Swedish blacks...also stunning. both about 5000 a pair....I bought tolbunt and breda....can't do the cemani......maybe one day. Once they become more common.

Back
Top Bottom