AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

i found some from a breeder in Indonesia there are some one month old for 275 each and there are fertile eggs for shipping that are pricey but not as pricey as others i have found it looks like i am going to buy 12 eggs from here.

These birds are all black there organs there bones there skin everything about them is black except for there blood witch is a very dark shade of red
ya.gif

http://www.cemanifarms.com/p/ayam-cemani.html

Pedro- they're beautiful parents! I got my 4 little cemani chicks now and 2 haffies which are cemani x orpington.

Hannah- idk anything about ordering eggs/hatching etc or the link you shared to know if it's legitimate or not, just use caution and get and check their references from people they have already done business with. That is a lot of money you know, so best not to just flush it down the toilet unnecessarily. I don’t think you will get eggs from Indonesia into the US of the cemani... but you can certainly try. Let us know how that works out.

One of my ayam cemani is a roo, I can already tell. He's big, has a wide stance and no tail feathers coming in yet and quite the comb on him too. But 2 others look like pullets. Mine are less than 3 weeks old 2 with silver leakage on toes and 1 feather on its wing.

Last edited:
Thank you and the site does seen legitimate i am thinking about it but not sure if it would be worth it seeing i cant show them in any fairs

You can start to show them at different poultry shows that show gamebird etc, as b/c no one is showing cemani b/c no one has enough cemani to show I think and since there hasn't been a standard entered yet, it's a process? Idk anything about showing chickens yet, but eager to learn.

i found some from a breeder in Indonesia there are some one month old for 275 each and there are fertile eggs for shipping that are pricey but not as pricey as others i have found it looks like i am going to buy 12 eggs from here.

These birds are all black there organs there bones there skin everything about them is black except for there blood witch is a very dark shade of red
:ya

http://www.cemanifarms.com/p/ayam-cemani.html

It is illegal to import eggs or chickens from Indonesia. That site will take your money and your eggs will get confiscated by the USDA as soon as they reach the U.S. Don't waste your time or money as there are plenty of legally imported Cemani that came from Europe.

I wish Cemani Farms would stop telling people that they can import them. That is completely false. If you need verification of the ban, just call the nice people at the USDA in Maryland.

I am in the process of importing a new line from Europe. So if you are patient, I will be adding another line for sale unrelated to the other ones already here. I hope to begin sales of the new line next summer.

You can start to show them at different poultry shows that show gamebird etc, as b/c no one is showing cemani b/c no one has enough cemani to show I think and since there hasn't been a standard entered yet, it's a process? Idk anything about showing chickens yet, but eager to learn.

I have enough to show but won't take mine off the property because of strict bio security policies. Shows can be a hotbed of poultry diseases and putting down an expensive chicken is something that most Cemani breeders try to avoid.

I appreciate you letting me know that also would you be willing to give me your info because i am looking into buying some so if you so have some next summer i am interested, or if you could let me know where you got yours in the UK and i could just contact them i really do appreciate the honesty about the breeder from indonesia thank you

DCchicken
I appreciate you letting me know that also would you be willing to give me your info because i am looking into buying some so if you so have some next summer i am interested, or if you could let me know where you got yours in the UK and i could just contact them i really do appreciate the honesty about the breeder from indonesia thank you
-hannah67

It is not easy to import chickens from ANY country. You have to go through a LOT of "red tape" and jump through a LOT of "hoops"............

I am sure DC can confirm this.

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/wps/porta...a_entry_requirements/sa_avian/ct_poultry_eggs

I know that is a long link but I researched the USDA site about the import of hatching eggs from anywhere and this is what I have found. So it isn't impossible but there are things you HAVE to do and that is just on a federal level. Anyone that wants to import chickens or any animal from outside the USA should also check with their state laws and check with DFW ( Department of Fish and Wildlife) and if that isn't enough regulation for you, you can check the CITES (Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species) list to see if the chicken you want is endangered and is even allowed to be purchased.

I hope this helps some BUT dang I want some of these they are sooooo Beautiful if you check the site there is a cross breed that is purple that is my favorite color :)

Back
Top Bottom