AYAM CEMANI - Pure Black chicken, inside and out!

The feet are black green, but the fingertips are green yellow. And the tongue are geen yellow too.
The parents are german, i bought the eggs to Portugal. The seller has guarantied that they are showbirds, came to germany from Denmark, Czech Republic and Germany.

So, you recommend me culling that chick, or make a selection in their offspring?

Last edited:
The feet are black green, but the fingertips are green yellow. And the tongue are geen yellow too.
The parents are german, i bought the eggs to Portugal. The seller has guarantied that they are showbirds, came to germany from Denmark, Czech Republic and Germany.

So, you recommend me culling that chick, or make a selection in their offspring?
If that is your only chick, keep it. If you have lots, cull it to keep it out of the line. Turn it into a layer. The eggs are very nice. But Cemani chicks should not have yellow or green (willow) anywhere).

The more selective you are (meaning culling), the faster your breeding program will improve. Unlike other breeds, the defining characteristic of the breed is that it is ALL BLACK. If it is not, then it is more appropriately called a Kedu.

If that is your only chick, keep it. If you have lots, cull it to keep it out of the line. Turn it into a layer. The eggs are very nice. But Cemani chicks should not have yellow or green (willow) anywhere).

The more selective you are (meaning culling), the faster your breeding program will improve. Unlike other breeds, the defining characteristic of the breed is that it is ALL BLACK. If it is not, then it is more appropriately called a Kedu.

Yes, its my first and only chick, but i will impot more eggs. That one is a male, maybe i will keep it as a pet, not as a breeder. Do you know someone in europe who have good quality ayam cemanis?

i found some from a breeder in Indonesia there are some one month old for 275 each and there are fertile eggs for shipping that are pricey but not as pricey as others i have found it looks like i am going to buy 12 eggs from here.

These birds are all black there organs there bones there skin everything about them is black except for there blood witch is a very dark shade of red
ya.gif

http://www.cemanifarms.com/p/ayam-cemani.html

i found some from a breeder in Indonesia there are some one month old for 275 each and there are fertile eggs for shipping that are pricey but not as pricey as others i have found it looks like i am going to buy 12 eggs from here.

These birds are all black there organs there bones there skin everything about them is black except for there blood witch is a very dark shade of red
ya.gif

ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom