Are Ayam Cemani Chickens Still in Demand?

Letty1

Chirping
Jun 24, 2022
Hello, I've been thinking about breeding and selling Ayam Cemani chickens. Does anyone know if this breed is still highly sought after? And if so, do you think people would be willing pay good money for them as well as travel a fair distance to pick them up? Thanks!

If you don't breed high quality birds, no. They're still in demand, but not as much as they once were. If you start out with quality stock and regularly produce good birds, people will be interested. May I ask why you won't be selling hatching eggs?

I think Sumatra chicken or Ayam pelung is more valuable. But you have to try it in your area, it is possible that Ayam cemani will be in demand in your area.

If you don't breed high quality birds, no. They're still in demand, but not as much as they once were. If you start out with quality stock and regularly produce good birds, people will be interested. May I ask why you won't be selling hatching eggs?
Thanks for the reply. I haven't really thought too much about selling hatching eggs, but do you know how much they can sell for compared to an already hatched Ayam Cemani?

Thanks for the reply. I haven't really thought too much about selling hatching eggs, but do you know how much they can sell for compared to an already hatched Ayam Cemani?

There is no other answer for this other than it depends. Both eggs and live birds that are low quality will sell for less. That said, a single egg will sell for less than a single bird, but getting the bird to the point of being sold is extra work. I'd expect half a dozen or a dozen eggs to sell for about the same if not more than a single bird. Especially if you sell day old chicks

Back
Top Bottom