Ayam Cemani - Updates as of 8.7 (July 4th hatch)

abenardini

Songster
7 Years
So far, these birds are flighty but not crazy. Been brooding them on the deck as I've always done and they love getting out and hanging out with the fam. Have had some folks on the forum that have said they aren't black enough to be pure Ayam, but haven't see any indication that they aren't. The plumage is quite dark, and the skin is black. The only flaw I've seen so far is with "Diablo," who has yellow toes and those have not changed to black yet. Interesting birds overall! I'm looking forward to a breeding project with Ameraucanas to make some cool Easter Eggers.

Attachments

• AC2.jpeg
    AC2.jpeg
    193.2 KB · Views: 6
  • AC3.jpeg
    AC3.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 5
  • AC4.jpeg
    AC4.jpeg
    558.7 KB · Views: 4
  • AC5.jpeg
    AC5.jpeg
    711.6 KB · Views: 3
  • AC6.jpeg
    AC6.jpeg
    675 KB · Views: 4
So far, these birds are flighty but not crazy. Been brooding them on the deck as I've always done and they love getting out and hanging out with the fam. Have had some folks on the forum that have said they aren't black enough to be pure Ayam, but haven't see any indication that they aren't. The plumage is quite dark, and the skin is black. The only flaw I've seen so far is with "Diablo," who has yellow toes and those have not changed to black yet. Interesting birds overall! I'm looking forward to a breeding project with Ameraucanas to make some cool Easter Eggers.
where did you get them, if I may ask? They are beautiful

where did you get them, if I may ask? They are beautiful
Sorry for missing this post. I ordered hatching eggs from Hilltop Farms. They were packed wonderfully, no breaks. Ordered 6, they sent me 8. 4 hatched. 3 were scrambled, 1 died in the shell and was malformed. Counting the ones that actually even developed, had a great hatch rate of 4 out of 5.

I’ll post updated pics later today. 3 out of 4 are excellent specimens. Diablo (yellow toed and yellow bleed in the mouth will be moving to a new home).

Of the 4, 2 hens and 2 roosters. Going to hopefully grow them into a flock of 4 to 6 birds total and sell hatches locally.

I did end up getting them their own pen to keep the flock pure.

Back
Top Bottom