ayam cemani x orpington chicks 1 spraddle legged?

Maybe you should try this kind of hobble and see if he gets out of it.
He sounds like he's really smart to be getting out of the hobble so much.
I think you need to get more advice from other people......I don't know what else to try and I don't want to tell you to try a thing that'd hurt him.

He's still alive this morning. To help him out, I now moved in bigger waterer and feeder, so he can learn to use them to get around. He's so wiley about escaping my attempts to help his little hock. :*(

So since I can't seem to get his legs right, and he's still alive, I figured, if it's meant to be it will be. So I can only try try try to give him the best advantage.

We have these extra doors that we're going to use to make the next brooder box and possibly section off different areas for different chicks as I get them (fall order, 12 bresse, 3 svart honas, 5 cemani, any other orpington x cemani chicks plus the 5 I already have)

I am thinking when I get the bresse in next week of putting them with my hurt little guy (forrest gimp? Dennis hopper? Names I call it) as he's so tiny compared to his littermates. I hope he makes it!! Or she!

The 4 others are growing very quickly, and getting their feathers. Winter is coming!

I took these pictures this morning of the teensy weensie chicks.

Lightchick- they are very cute. The little guy is do used to me messing with him, feeding him, picking him up, the others, not so much.

It keeps raining so much!! I saw slugs in my gardens and giant crickets, and unbelievable huge fat earthworms. I live in a high mountain desert, this feels like Seattle weather.

I'm going to visit my friend on Saturday, bring the little runt back idk what to do to help him get better, and it makes me sad to see him want to play with his littermates but not able to. I keep rooting for him!

Idk what bob is, but they have nutridrench in their water and their medicated chick starter is wetted too. I am still feeding egg yolks too.

On other news, more haffies hatched and some purebreed cemani, so it looks like either this little guy is going back home, or/I'm picking up 4 more chicks tomorrow. He's still alive etc this morning. I try not to be messing with the chicks overly much.

I have to go check on my other 36 chickens lol. Yes, I have 40 chickens, and yes, getting more.

Back
Top Bottom