Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know the things that were arguing about really don't make any sense. These are my points.
1. In Indonesia the Cemani is always 100% black with no red or white ever.
2. There is not an internationally recognized standard.
3. Because there's not internationally recognized standard anyone can say anything about it. They can say it has red, white anything with black bone.
4. This should not be about personalities.
5. I guess this is just all part of the process for determining what the specifics qualities of a bird will become an internationally recognized standard.

I am not sure about #1.

If all Cemani are always 100% pure black, then why does Cemani Farms have regular quality, then best quality birds...? They are labeled as two separate things, though both Cemani.
Aren't the regular quality Cemani, birds that are hatched with a little white somewhere whether one feather, or one spot on anywhere on the body? And the Best Quality are birds that automatically hatch with 100% black everywhere

Quote:
Yes, I was trying to totally stay out of it, but couldn't take it anymore. Considered using a troll icon
wink.png

Can I ask why that people think the white birds we have here in the US are the definitive standard?
Wouldn't one want some kind of proof of breed when buying eggs?
Might be nice to share that proof with the rest of us if you think the birds are the true standard. Much quicker than making a fuss and demanding everyone else prove the standard.
Just saying...

Moreover if there are no standards than anyone's argument is fair game.
Anyone's

Don't believe anyone has said that either? Where are y'all reading this stuff.
I suggest everyone interested in the breed reads up on them. Feather site has some good info. Green fire also has good info and even states they don't guarantee consistency within the breed. Feather sites stuff also touches on this. Use all the links there. Green fire also has a good read on landrace fowl as well. Think being this breed is so rare world wide that everyone could really benefit from stopping here and reading up on them a bit. And remember every breed has culls even from the best of the best... its called nature.

hide.gif
Thank you for me stumbling on this thread. This was "going" to be my next breed, and I see this is the new Ameraucana fight.
And I will bow out graciously, but beautiful pics.
love.gif

Busan, I don't think anyone thinks that white is the standard. The question is this. In all of Indonesia , when Ayam Cemani are bred together are All of the chicks always Totally Black and Never Ever can a chick be hatched with down or feathers of any other color ? If that is the case , and no other color ever appears then the breed is unique in the animal Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom