Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
All a Cemoni is is a fibro black single comb bird. That's it. There fibro plus gypsy = a all black bird. Of course the feathers should be all black also. Now if they come with color there called something else but are genetically still Cemoni plus Birchen and brown red was introduce along the way.. If you don't like it just start culling real hard until you have them coming all black again. It seems people now days don't want to work for them. They want them all cookie cut birds. There new to the states and can be breed to a standard now and refine them like my good friend is doing. She's a great breeder and will make sure they all come perfect.. There here now so if you get some don't threat if you get one not perfect just breed to a birds that fits more of like you want. I'm so glad there here. There certainly a majestic fowl.

What ever she is she can still be breed to look like Cemoni. You already have the fibro so just breed a good many and cull out the pea comb and keep all the single comb ones and then start culling for color in the neck. Even in pure breed Cemoni you can get the rare birds that has a tad of color under the neck as you talk about. That does not mean there not pure just not breed to a standard. Your birds are very nice. Keep up the good work!...

I think that's the problem that plagued this thread for a long time.
If you cull hard enough and have something with a little fibro to start with anyone can create something that looks like Ayam Cemani.
However that's not the same thing.

Please have some respect for the original breed.
Have fun breeding variants, learning about genetics, building new lines, but please have respect for the original, unique and interesting breed along with the name it carries.

I cant suddenly become Native American, Scottish, or whatever is popular or gets me a date just because I want to.
Heritage has a lot to do with it no matter how many of my ugly brothers or sisters daddy kills... I'm still what I am.
(forgive the extreme example, but truth is truth)

I think that's the problem that plagued this thread for a long time.
If you cull hard enough and have something with a little fibro to start with anyone can create something that looks like Ayam Cemani.
However that's not the same thing.

Please have some respect for the original breed.
Have fun breeding variants, learning about genetics, building new lines, but please have respect for the original, unique and interesting breed along with the name it carries.

I cant suddenly become Native American, Scottish, or whatever is popular or gets me a date just because I want to.
Heritage has a lot to do with it no matter how many of my ugly brothers or sisters daddy kills... I'm still what I am.
(forgive the extreme example, but truth is truth)
I appreciate your input, but I'm not trying to breed Ayam Cemani, I just thought I'd post a picture of what someone can do if they try hard enough. In my opinion my hen doesn't even look like an Ayam Cemani.

Last edited:
Sorry about the confusion troyer, I fully support people having fun with the breed.
the Fibro melanistic traits are really interesting to work with.
Enjoy the experiments, I know I surely did.

My main point is for those trying to sell them as "real" Ayam Cemani

Sorry about the confusion troyer, I fully support people having fun with the breed.
the Fibro melanistic traits are really interesting to work with.
Enjoy the experiments, I know I surely did.

My main point is for those trying to sell them as "real" Ayam Cemani
Okay thanks. No hard feelings here!
smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom