Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also would like to add... If someone is selling Cemani stock in the US - the seller should supply any potential buyer with proof of legal importation.
If they refuse to give any tangible evidence or any information regarding their stocks importation then Buyer Beware.
The birds you could possibly be buying could be a fibro project or an illegal importation from Indonesia in which case you risk the health of your flock and could get into big trouble with the government.

Does the pigment saturation of the comb and wattles increase with exposure to the sun? Most people's skin gets darker with more sun during the summer and lighter during the winter when we're all covered up or indoors. Is this the same with Cemani that don't get much sunlight, or should the comb be black regardless?

Does the pigment saturation of the comb and wattles increase with exposure to the sun?  Most people's skin gets darker with more sun during the summer and lighter during the winter when we're all covered up or indoors.  Is this the same with Cemani that don't get much sunlight, or should the comb be black regardless?
Good question, when they're born, they're black black and haven't been in the sun at all.

Wow!! you guys are really negative. I thought we all were working together to create a better bloodlines. I know the bloodline and for a USA line they are very black. They are sold black with black mouths. The ear lobes are turquoise. You can see in the pictures the GREEN back round its not black and white pictures. I paid my self $1,400 plus on ebay for what ended up being 4 fertile eggs last year. I think you guys are really negative and we should be working together not against one another.

The ad said 'only the best show quality'. Just curious, how do you have show quality cemanis if they currently have no set standard and aren't yet accepted at shows?

Also, your photos look like they have been run through photoshop and lowered the saturation (made them more gray but not black/white). If you want people to know the quality of your birds I would post better photos showing their actual color. (To me they look as if the combs and wattles are reddish and the ears are white/turquoise, but the saturation has been turned down.) If the photos were just bad ones, I suggest taking photos of them outdoors in the sunlight where I assume they live.

Last edited:
I'll talk to him and ask him to re-take the pictures. Probably shouldn't have used a green background maybe white would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom