Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same thing I saw

But don't worry, the new American standard will allow for red combs and wattles.

I have to ask, have you seen an American standard yet? I don't know why you have to keep bashing the ones of us that do have these birds that may have some red in their combs and wattles. It's not like we can just imports these birds like we would like to. You keep wanting to complain about the birds that are in the US, but are you doing anything to get any better bloodlines into the US? Like it has been said over and over, there are breeders in the US that are working our butts off to improve what bloodlines that are here. I for one am going to work my butt off to get them to where they need to be, I plan on culling the heck out of mine this year and only keep the blackish ones and breed them back to the blackish one, and then do it all over again and again. It may take a few years and then again it may longer, but we are trying to do the best that we can with what bloodlines that are here. Yes there will be some people in the US that will just get them to make fast buck or two, but people just need to do their homework and find the breeders that are doing their jobs to improve them. But until better bloodlines can be brought in, we have to work with what we have. And these people that want to keep complaining about the birds here, need to import them since they think it is so easy and cheap and see where it gets them.

Last edited:
Importing won't automatically fix the problems as you have to rely on the honesty and integrety of the person supplying the stock. Didn't someone post that even proven stock is difficult to maintain the best qualities? If so, then importing even from proven stock won't guarantee a quick fix. Ok, I gotto go see if I can find that post . . . .

Yes, I agree even when you breed the blackest ones we have you still get some white pigments. Here is one of our roosters. He is pretty black, black tongue, mouth, toe nails. But he is not perfect. Another 3-4 years we should be close!!

Yes, I agree even when you breed the blackest ones we have you still get some white pigments. Here is one of our roosters. He is pretty black, black tongue, mouth, toe nails. But he is not perfect. Another 3-4 years we should be close!!

That is the same de-saturated photo that was on the ebay ad.

That is the same de-saturated photo that was on the ebay ad.
A couple of posts up sunsetvalley stated that he/she was the partner of the person listing the ebay auction. My question for sunsetvalley is: do you have any photos of your birds that haven't been altered? It would be great to get a better idea of their actual color.

A couple of posts up sunsetvalley stated that he/she was the partner of the person listing the ebay auction. My question for sunsetvalley is: do you have any photos of your birds that haven't been altered? It would be great to get a better idea of their actual color.
I know that they are the partner of the ebay person; what I was saying is that they are still trying to show fibro quality with the de-saturated photo.

The pictures are NOT altered in any way!!!!!!!!!! You can even see the GREEN back round and one of the pictures you can see the color of a hand. Since there really black you automatically think that they are altered when they are not.

The pictures are NOT altered in any way!!!!!!!!!! You can even see the GREEN back round and one of the pictures you can see the color of a hand. Since there really black you automatically think that they are altered when they are not.
We didn't say that they were black and white, but that your camera was on low saturation (or terrible lighting, or etc, so only some color is in the photo). It's just obviously not a natural color photo of the bird. We aren't saying you are lying. I suggest just uploading a photo of your cemanis in natural light (not indoor lights - take the photos outside in daylight), so that you can show your bird. With a good natural photo no one will dispute it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom