Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Folks, all your talk bashing someone on another site and bringing drama here IS NOT ALLOWED.

Please take a moment to refresh yourself on the rules, found under "TOS" at the bottom of each page.

You may talk about this via PM if you wish, but you cannot flame anyone - regardless of whether they are a member here or not.

Many Thanks to those of you who got your points across without being derogatory or rude.

As always, there is a way to say most anything without being offensive. Think twice before posting, and re-read what you've written before you post, please, if you wish to discuss things of this nature on the open forum. If you're unsure about your post, any staff member would be happy to discuss it with you BEFORE you post it.

May I ask from where? I was only aware of two lines - Toni-Marie and Greenfire Farms. Who else has these?

Chris Charles had a line about 15 years ago from UK. He hadn't sold in the past, I bought all of his bloodline when he decided to stop breeding them about 7-8 years ago. I have been working for YEARS to get them as black as they are. We bought Toni Maries line last year we got 9 egg most were damaged in the post office. I got a partial refund from the USPS for some of the eggs NOT ALL. I ended up with 4 fertile eggs that ended up being Roosters that I'm using in my breeding programs.

Last edited by a moderator:
If your hybrid eggs are 84.37% pure, may I ask what breed the other 15.63% came from?

Yes, the hybrids are:

Hens (75% Ayam) they are on there 4 hybrid generation.

Rooster (93.75% Ayam) he is on his 7 generation hybrid breeding.

Chicks are (84.37% Ayam)

The other breed is Black Australorp. They are stronger and have a higher hatch rate.

I only did the hybrid since I was getting really low hatch rates with the pure line.

When I got Toni's line my hatch rate went up to 90%+ . I think Charles line they were so close related that they had low hatch rates. Same goes for any of the bloodlines.

OK so Sunset I am not bashing just trying to figure something out, You say that female is 75% pure and 3 generations selectivly bred but it looke like it has 0% FM in it, In all my FM projects females carry FM much stronger than males. I can't imagine ever even using this on for an FM project it looks like a cull to me. how can this be the best you have after 3 generations. 3 generations you should have had hundreds to choose from and this is the best? It seems very inconsistant with my results, Even your crosses should be very FM with that % and the number of generations.

Why should anyone have to prove to the satisfaction of a few folks here on BYC that their birds are what they say they are? His sales are on a different auction site and despite your flagging it they have chosen to let it run. Y'all are basically accusing this guy of fraud and that he is perpetuating something unethical and maybe even illegal just because you don't like his photos and regardless of how right or wrong this reads very nasty. This is coming off as very self-righteous and self-important. None of us have perfect birds and to claim that any of you could know every breeder of this or most breeds is really just silly. I too have chicks on order from Wolfwhyte but that's because those I can afford, regardless of what anyone would say of the quality and no one seems to know about him. Folks can sell and buy the chickens they want. These birds have been here for a bit before GFF got them and I'm sure Toni-Marie is not the only other person who has them. This is really uncomfortable to read. You have each made your point but he is entitled to not have to prove anything to any of you- you are not the BYC chicken police. Very sad

Why should anyone have to prove to the satisfaction of a few folks here on BYC that their birds are what they say they are? His sales are on a different auction site and despite your flagging it they have chosen to let it run. Y'all are basically accusing this guy of fraud and that he is perpetuating something unethical and maybe even illegal just because you don't like his photos and regardless of how right or wrong this reads very nasty. This is coming off as very self-righteous and self-important. None of us have perfect birds and to claim that any of you could know every breeder of this or most breeds is really just silly. I too have chicks on order from Wolfwhyte but that's because those I can afford, regardless of what anyone would say of the quality and no one seems to know about him. Folks can sell and buy the chickens they want. These birds have been here for a bit before GFF got them and I'm sure Toni-Marie is not the only other person who has them. This is really uncomfortable to read. You have each made your point but he is entitled to not have to prove anything to any of you- you are not the BYC chicken police. Very sad
I have never claimed to know every Ayam Cemani line in the United States. However, the legitimate Toni-Marie Astin breeders are well documented.

There is more to this than is know to the public. So the warning has been made, now can we please move on and talk about Ayam Cemani and not spend time promoting auctions?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom