Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
no they are legal there are just not many breeders in the USA and the ones that do have them are pricey. for example greenfire farms is offering them in the late summer but they think they are going to charge $99- $199 per chick.

This a picture of one of my chicks you can see MY wedding ring on MY hand STONEUNHENGED you must really be UNHINGED
Hi there, are you in the UK ? I am. And I'm looking to buy some more stock... Do you have anything available for sale ??

Having been accused by Tingle of stealing a picture of his hand holding his cemani chick and lying about its origins, fellow BYCers may enjoy this pic I took this morning:

And here's another pic I took on November 28, 2012, at the same time as the picture in question showing the infamous "Tingle hand":

And in other news, I'm really enjoying the cemani breed. A few surprises. We've had a few freezing nights, and our birds stay outdoors with no heat and no insulated shelter. The cemani roost on a pole that is open to the elements, and they have shown no ill effects despite their tropical origins. Also, I'm really impressed with the egg size. The hens are medium-sized birds but produce an egg that is large as eggs produced by some heavier large fowl breeds. I have seen no signs of human aggression although of course the roosters will post up to other roosters in neigboring pens.

Last edited:
I had mentioned before I have one chicken who is laying green eggs, who fits the description for the crossed, or impure recovery breed.
However I also had one that fit the true recovery criteria which passed away.

What is the concensus on green eggs?
Random result of rebuilding the breed with different inputs or a totally different breed?

EDIT:
Read more, looks like I got the Sweed Breed from the Ewe Crazy farms, or at least a good mix of the two.
Probably got mixed together somewhere along the line when they were imported into China all those years ago.
Thanks again all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom