Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG! I saw that on ebay yesterday I think. My immediate thought was "scam" -  I hope I was wrong :/ I am always leery of brand new sellers with zero feedback who suddenly appear with a really rare/expensive offering - especially one that might just happen to "not hatch".

You are correct, this was a scam! The seller was using stolen pictures and claiming the birds as his own. He had several Orpington auctions using stolen pictures from reputable breeders. EBay promptly removed all of his auctions but for some reason left his Cemani auction up. This guy has scammed from several different usernames that can all be traced to the same person. EBay is now aware of this scammer, so hopefully they will put an end to it.

OMG! I saw that on ebay yesterday I think. My immediate thought was "scam" - I hope I was wrong :/ I am always leery of brand new sellers with zero feedback who suddenly appear with a really rare/expensive offering - especially one that might just happen to "not hatch".

LOL welll I'll let you know if it was a scam or not. I paid on my credit card so I could refuse the charges if they are not what stated when they hatch with such a price. I bought some from them off of ebay, but through paypal on my credit card. I'm scared as it was ALOT of money, but I figured with one pair 4999 from greenfire it would be worth it.

You are correct, this was a scam! The seller was using stolen pictures and claiming the birds as his own. He had several Orpington auctions using stolen pictures from reputable breeders. EBay promptly removed all of his auctions but for some reason left his Cemani auction up. This guy has scammed from several different usernames that can all be traced to the same person. EBay is now aware of this scammer, so hopefully they will put an end to it.

OH goodness..... I paid them $400 for eggs. I did use my credit card so that I could dispute the charges if need be. I guess I should file a claim now or should I wait to see if I get eggs next week as promised?

Anyone who would even consider paying this should be examined by a competent Psychiatrist.
In my realm of reality that would be nuts, but to someone who is a high end breeder, collector and has money to burn - more power to them. I am sure it doesn't begin to cover the expense Greenfire went through to get them here. I tried reading about the paperwork and fees involved with importing and my eyes quickly glazed over, LOL!

Good luck McPherson ......

I hope they are authentic &
hatch for you.

Please keep us up on them......
frow.gif

'
Boykin I have been drooling over
your svart hovas, for a while!!!!!
Beautiful birds.

Good luck McPherson ......

I hope they are authentic &
hatch for you.

Please keep us up on them......
frow.gif

'
Boykin I have been drooling over
your svart hovas, for a while!!!!!
Beautiful birds.

Thank you from what it sounds like we'll need it. I will at least know if they send SOME eggs next week as they said they would ship out on Monday. I will let everyone know!

From what I have heard, if you are lucky enough for the EBay seller to actually send the eggs, none will be fertile. He will keep "replacing" eggs and drag out the deal until the time has expired for you to be able to leave feedback. This guy has gone under 6 different usernames over the years and has actually been traced back to a horse scammer also.

I hate a thief and that is what he is. He stole photos from my good friends and fellow breeders (both locally, on BYC, and in the UK) and claimed this pictures were his own.
If you type in Ayam Cemani on google images the photo's he used in his add will be some of the first results. He just copied and pasted them onto the add. :(

I hope this works out though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom