Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG!!!!
Tonie Marie has an auction for these due in 6 days
These would be most legit!!!! I don't think she lets these out much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8-RARE-pure...755?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d596324b

Hopefully a BYC'er will get another flock going so others
can have some!
I have just had such poor results with shipped eggs
this year since I live so far out in the middle of nowhere.....

Will be watching what they go for.

I'm going to watch them. I bet if they're legit they go for more than 400 though :/ :(

I can attest to the fact that Toni Marie Astin is not only honest, she is also very generous with her knowledge of genetics and poultry care in general. A visit to the Onagadori site will show how much she helps others. She personally imported the foundation birds for her flock of Ayam Cemani.

I'm going to watch also. It'll be interesting to see what they fetch and if I'll ever be able to afford this breed. Toni-Marie's birds are really wonderful.
It'll be interesting to see how this works out with GFF if she is planning to sell hers publicly as she has been hesitant to do so until now. Very exciting.

I think that it is pretty much impossible to import to the US from Indonesia. There is a ban on importing from the majority of the country I believe...

Last edited:
I think that it is pretty much impossible to import to the US from Indonesia. There is a ban on importing from the majority of the country I believe...
His website shows the shipping price to the US... Has anyone done this or know how that works? Ordering from him would only be slightly cheaper than ordering a young pair from Greenfire, but what are the import rules. Obviously it can be done, Greenfire having done it, and others. Is there a quarantine, or extra paperwork?? Surely its not just pay the expensive shipping fees.

Mainly curious to know. So far, the way I see it, Greenfire cannot be making a ton of profit, even at $5K for a pair of juveniles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom