Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
This post is meant to be a reminder: DO NOT reply to posts that you view are indicative of illegal activity. REPORT them and the Staff will handle.

Also, there is never a good enough reason to be rude. So...just don't do it.

i do wish i had the means to get some of these birds they are so gorgeous and would love to add them to my little farm.

question time lol:

1) is there a bantam version of the breed
2) what color are the eggs? from what i have skimmed through the eggs are brown correct?
3) what is the standard for the breed in the place of origin? if i do mange to eventually get some of these i would love to show them here but would like a standard to go by.

at this point in time all the shipping and cost of just the eggs is way to much for my budget as it is for so many right now

hdhowden,
You might give Toni-Marie or Greenfire a call, to discuss standard.

Since you are in Louisiana, you might look for some nearby -
there have been rumors that voodoo type folks have kept
these (underground, I mean hidden or secret; not open)
for ceremonies.
If you get some be sure to let us know,
because we all want!!!!!!

i do wish i had the means to get some of these birds they are so gorgeous and would love to add them to my little farm.

question time lol: 

1) is there a bantam version of the breed
2) what color are the eggs? from what i have skimmed through the eggs are brown correct?
3) what is the standard for the breed in the place of origin? if i do mange to eventually get some of these i would love to show them here but would like a standard to go by.

at this point in time all the shipping and cost of just the eggs is way to much for my budget as it is for so many right now 
you should see if you could find Chabo, they are black skinned japs, those are bantams. I think there are a few people that have them

Eggs are white/off white, usually

Last edited:
Happy to say that I won the bid on Ebay for the Ayam Cemoni eggs and just got back from picking them up. I talked to Toni-Marie this morning and more this afternoon when I picked up the eggs and all I have to say is she is a very very sweet woman and had great pleasure getting to talk to her. Also I am very happy with the eggs I got from her and plan on putting them in the incubator later tonight. She said that she has been getting around a 98% hatch rate on them and I hope since I picked them up besides letting them be shipped that I'm able to get the same hatch rate or close. I will keep you info on the eggs and their development and if luck goes good I will post pictures if they hatch.

Happy to say that I won the bid on Ebay for the Ayam Cemoni eggs and just got back from picking them up. I talked to Toni-Marie this morning and more this afternoon when I picked up the eggs and all I have to say is she is a very very sweet woman and had great pleasure getting to talk to her. Also I am very happy with the eggs I got from her and plan on putting them in the incubator later tonight. She said that she has been getting around a 98% hatch rate on them and I hope since I picked them up besides letting them be shipped that I'm able to get the same hatch rate or close. I will keep you info on the eggs and their development and if luck goes good I will post pictures if they hatch.

Congrats on winning I'm glad someone on here won! Please do keep us informed of how they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom