Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please,... dont say me smuggler or ilegal exportir,...

I do professional and legal under law of my country,...

yes i'm traditional farmer, but i'm still International Chicken Man
I do Export chicken to many country in the world.

i have paperwork, healt certificate, and permition. and my farms is registerd.

here is my NPIP, i do this since 12-01-2010.

Best Regards,...

To the best Of my knowledge there is not a clear standard for the Cemani. What everyone in Indonesia does agree on is that it needs to be pure black, that means no red showing. This is I believe a good example.

Last edited:
Well I had one egg pipping yesterday afternoon and one this morning, so hopefully it won't be long until the chicks are here. They are actually due to hatch tomorrow, so keeping my fingers cross that all 12 make it out ok.

In case you couldn't tell by the price tag, these aren't your friendly neighborhood hipster chickens. These birds are extremely rare and difficult to breed, according to Paul Bradshaw of Florida's Greenfire Farms. Greenfire will be the first breeder to have these chickens in the United States., though the birds won't be available until spring 2014.

I hope you could understand my thinking you said this.

In case you couldn't tell by the price tag, these aren't your friendly neighborhood hipster chickens. These birds are extremely rare and difficult to breed, according to Paul Bradshaw of Florida's Greenfire Farms. Greenfire will be the first breeder to have these chickens in the United States., though the birds won't be available until spring 2014.

I hope you could understand my thinking you said this.
I don't know about being the first breeder since Toni-Marie has had these birds for 7 years here in the United States and sure not the only breeder since she has been breeding them all this time. She just hasn't been selling any of hers birds or eggs until this year.

I don't know about being the first breeder since Toni-Marie has had these birds for 7 years here in the United States and sure not the only breeder since she has been breeding them all this time. She just hasn't been selling any of hers birds or eggs until this year.
Also they will not be the only breeder selling these birds next year either. I know that I will have breeders next spring producing baby's and I also know someone else that has just gotten eggs from her and will also be breeding hers and releasing birds at some point.

Toni marie had ayam cemani 7 YEARS before greenfire even though about getting them. Toni imported them in 2005 I believe, she has built up a line of her own, has some beautiful birds too...... In my humble opinion, Greenfire has nothing on Toni!

I just think its kind of funny that some people are making such a huge deal about this.
Black to the bone birds are common across Asia.

My only guess is that the ban on eggs is the reason why they are suddenly valuable. That plus some media attention.
Good luck selling the birds.
Can I ask, how did anyone get these bids legally?
This ban has been in place for many years.

Also the mortality rate is NOT 60% for humans. Maybe 3% MAYBE.....
The only people who died from avian flu were the ones who are susceptible to any flu, the very old, very young and otherwise immune compromised.
Honestly this flu is just a bunch of hullabloo
You're right, Chinese silky (we call it locally Chinese chicken) have dark meat and bones too.

Just a quick update on the eggs, well I candle them yesterday and today and 12 out of 14 are good and have chicks growing inside of them. Now have to wait for them to hatch and hopefully all goes well.
Just wanted to give a quick update on the eggs, I have 7 chicks that have hatched so far out of 12 eggs this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom