Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
No don't think so. There's only a few (2-3 maybe?) blood lines here in the US. My pairs will go for anywhere from $3,000 - $5,000 depending on the quality of the birds.

Aren't there any more sources of Cemanis in the US?

I don't think so, I have been searching for some other bloodlines myself to go with mine and not a lot in the US, gene pool is going to be tight for a while it looks like. I think the two main bloodlines are Toni-Marie's and Greenfire Farms.

I think the Cemani's lay more than 60 eggs per year. I am thinking about 120ish eggs, at least. I am talking from experience with my Svart Honas though, but they are basically the same breed. The Svart's are just a European version of the Cemani with very subtle differences.

I know that many of the Cemani breeders are going to be breeding their Cemani's to Svart Honas to add another bloodline. They are so similar it would probably benefit both varieties

I think the Cemani's lay more than 60 eggs per year. I am thinking about 120ish eggs, at least. I am talking from experience with my Svart Honas though, but they are basically the same breed. The Svart's are just a European version of the Cemani with very subtle differences.

I know that many of the Cemani breeders are going to be breeding their Cemani's to Svart Honas to add another bloodline. They are so similar it would probably benefit both varieties

Is there is a big size difference between the two?

From what I have read, the Svart's tend to be a little bit larger than Cemani and less gamey in appearance.

It's hard to tell the difference though. There certainly is not enough to difference for most to justify not breeding the two together

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom