Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally,... the scam website whos stole data from us has been deleted by law,... its Only need 12 hours....

Thanks for support and Information.
hugs.gif

Best Regards,.......

Hey one of the ways you can keep people from stealing your photos is to put a watermark across the image. Photoshop can do this and I believe several other photo programs now have that ability too. You can put your farm name or your personal name on the pictures. It is only a ghost like image so it doesn't ruin the viewing of the image but It takes a really skilled person using Photoshop several hours per photo (like about 8 hours) to remove it. Most don't have the skill or patience to work that hard. That's why they are scammers.

Is anyone in the us selling hatching eggs?

There was some Ayam Cemani crossbred eggs for sale on Ebay about a month ago. The person seemed to have had only a Cemani rooster and had crossed them on black Silkies and Black Americanas. But he was clear that these were not purebred Ayam Cemani. For those of us who can't compete in the stratosphere of $1000+ chickens but admire them anyway it is a way or having a touch of something cool and exotic and uniquely lovely.

I was going to bid on the Cemani auction on RBA right now. But I don't like what I see in the bid history. It went from $300 (Reserve Not Met) to $1000 (Reserve Met) in a single bid. The normal progression is to go up by $50 or $100 at a time. Too odd for me to spend that kind of money.

Does anyone know the history of the birds in the auction, specifically if they actually came from Toni-Marie?

Last edited:
I have learned that when it comes to importing animals that when it is said that no imports allowed that means that 99% of the time that is true. The remaining 1% can be done by jumping an enormous amount of hoops and shelling out lots of money. Things like buying from only one or two sellers because they have been keeping meticulous records for ten years and can prove they have no disease. Having a government vet (not a privately hired one) examine the animals and then sometimes a private one too so that they keep each other honest. All the vet certification has to be completed in English so someone has to be bi-lingual if it is a non-English country. Sometimes, it is required that a vet travel with the animals. Another government vet must examine the animals when they arrive in quarantine, You have to go through lengthy quarantines, sometimes for the entire life of the animal imported. So while it is possible it is so expensive to meet the requirements that almost nobody does.

Greenfire just imported some Ayam Cemani this way. But that is why they are charging 5K per bird to make back what they had to pay out in services (like the vets, and paying the quarantine services).

For instance in sheep currently you cannot import live animals only sperm. Unless, you import them to Canada and they will remain in quarantine their whole life. The lambs are taken from the mother's right away and bottlefed so they have no chance of picking up scrapie (sheep version of Mad Cow) if their mothers happen to have it and are not showing signs. They have to stay in quarantine until grown and if they show no signs of disease only then may they be exported from Canada to the U.S. Sheep live 9 to 15 years. That takes some really deep pockets and patience and dedication to play that long slow game. Most shepherds who want rare breeds from other countries import semen and then breed up using a similar sheep as mothers. And that is still extremely expensive because sheep require laproscopic surgery to get a 60% to 70% conception rate with artificial insemenation.

These rare imports are not achieved by nefarious means, just someone pouring enough time and energy and money into making sure that the avenues in which disasterous diseases could come in through are monitored, checked and checked again.

I am the Owner of Onagadori-South Feather Farm and Legally imported the Denizli,Tomaru, East and west German phoenix,Cemoni,Ohiki among a few other birds. All eggs were imported from Switzerland."Legally" Some in 2002 and some in 2007... Do your home work. Everyone knows me and my birds and can back me. I feel you owe Randy a apology and myself also. Please take this up with me if you have any problems please. Thanks. Toni-Marie. www.bantamlongtails.com

Toni-Marie Astin is an accomplished author, genetics expert; LEGAL importer of the Ohiki, Tomaru, Denizli, Ismer and Shubert Phoenix, and probably more I'm forgetting.

Edited by Staff

Last edited by a moderator:
And yes you can import birds from that country. There is a farm in Texas that imported some in August I think and have the paper work on their website to prove it and now have eggs for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom