Ayam Cemani

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a new one for you. In Thailand in a small village there is a farmer who has a ton of these birds. What I was able to put together was that he's been breeding them for sometime and I could order anything under 1000 birds. Totally black, black bones, black meat. He's been selling them for the meat. At about $5 a bird.
All thoughts welcome.

Yes, but how much is shipping?

The price of the birds is not a problem. It's all the red tape that gets you. And you have to coordinate several Vets,county,state fee's among other things. I have a great friend there I've know for years that's been to my farm also and showed me pics of black skin birds also. He said if he had known I wanted them at the time he could help.. But for me I want do it again but I may consider importing some other breeds with reputable breeders.... I only kept a trio. There nice birds but I love my Ohiki and phoenix much better. But on the good side there are several good breeders that now have some and plan to breed them to a standard. Simple breed darkest together.. I always breed "as is" like they were when I got them. I did keep the darkest 3 out of 20 something young birds.. They have dark purple tongues and not black; but that can also be changed buy selective breeding also..(Same as in Silkies)...I hope to see these birds along with the Sevart's flourish in the States... Randy,Tina,Bryce,Cliff and a few others that have the Cemoni will do very good by them. There some of the best poultry breeders I know. Thanks for sharing the for sell post..Always good to know.."BUT BUYER BEWARE" there are several crooks and frauds out there... Best wishes and happy holidays...God bless....TMA.

Ok not all thoughts
smile.png
It's a valid question. The price of Cemanis from there isn't the problem.... it's the expensive and problematic shipping that is the reason for such high prices elsewhere.

Its a huge process to ship birds out of Asia even when the ban is lifted.
Huge process, hence a good price is in order.

What the consumer needs to do is do the proper research on what kinds of birds they are getting instead of just paying money and expecting magic.
Solid black birds are very common in Asia, so unless you check properly its a crap shoot as to what you're getting.
That includes the importer.
Especially the importer...

That's green fire, and Toni Marie in those last 2 links.
The guy in that first one from 94, well I'd be very cautious .
They are also selling domestic teal for $100.... well one problem , there is no such thing. Teal are wild ducks. All they have pictured is common barn yard call ducks. They go into a little detail saying they are a hybrid of wild teal and domestic call ducks. Now while this is possible, the offspring would be sterile mules. Since they are unrelated species , reproductive offspring is impossible. These are also perfect colored calls. So countless years of work would of had to of been done to achieve this...... long story short , buyer be ware! You know the saying.... if it sounds to good to be true ..... welll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom