B.B Red Old english game thread! Show 'em off!!

Quote:
SJarvis, am I wrong to believe Black Breaste Red OEG are red enhanced? I mean a Gold Duckwing OEG should have some contrast of the red coloration in his body, shoulders shuold be darker but saddle and hackles should be a few shades lighter.. dont' know if its just me,

here is a Red Jungle Fowl...this is how a Gold Duckwing OEG should look right?
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/redjunglefowl.jpg

In the US based on the standard that would be more of a wheaton male and BB Red female at least for OEGB. The Golden male will have a light golden hakle, saddle, wing bow and wing bay. The Females are actually suposed to be a showable Silver Duckwing.

The BB Red male should have dark red hackle, saddle, with a medium red Wing bow and bay. They are enhanced red nearing Mahogany if you really want to compete.

The Goldens today are a good mix of Silver of Gold and you really need the additional Pheomelanin (I probably spelled that wrong) to enhance the gold to compete.. the Creme Light Brown Dutch is a perfect example of what the male "Golden" Duckwing should be.. as far as the male.

Last edited:
Quote:
SJarvis, am I wrong to believe Black Breaste Red OEG are red enhanced? I mean a Gold Duckwing OEG should have some contrast of the red coloration in his body, shoulders shuold be darker but saddle and hackles should be a few shades lighter.. dont' know if its just me,

here is a Red Jungle Fowl...this is how a Gold Duckwing OEG should look right?
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/redjunglefowl.jpg

In the US based on the standard that would be more of a wheaton male and BB Red female at least for OEGB. The Golden male will have a light golden hakle, saddle, wing bow and wing bay. The Females are actually suposed to be a showable Silver Duckwing.

The BB Red male should have dark red hackle, saddle, with a medium red Wing bow and bay. They are enhanced red nearing Mahogany if you really want to compete.

The Goldens today are a good mix of Silver of Gold and you really need the additional Pheomelanin (I probably spelled that wrong) to enhance the gold to compete.. the Creme Light Brown Dutch is a perfect example of what the male "Golden" Duckwing should be.. as far as the male.

NO.. I believe you are confusing Gold Duckwing(wich should look like the Red Jungle Fowl I posted) with Golden duckwing...... BBR should be red, but Gold Duckwing OEG should look as close as the jungle fowl.. do you get me now?

Quote:
Good thread idea, mi amigo, but unfortunately I tried it and it didn't work
tongue.png
There aren't many people who have OEG Large Fowl here in the States, assuming you're talking about Large Fowl. If you're talking Bantam BBR OEG, than the OEGB Thread would be a good place to find some knock-out BBR's.
smile.png

Quote:

NO.. I believe you are confusing Gold Duckwing(wich should look like the Red Jungle Fowl I posted) with Golden duckwing...... BBR should be red, but Gold Duckwing OEG should look as close as the jungle fowl.. do you get me now?

OK, Now I follow you.. yeah we don't have that in OE here. All the Bb Red are very enhanced and no hackle fade or anything..

Quote:

OK, Now I follow you.. yeah we don't have that in OE here. All the Bb Red are very enhanced and no hackle fade or anything..

I see.. then that could give you troubles getting a even colored cream, as the red enhancers will show thrue the boys shoulders, but you can select against this ofcourse, you see the Duch is regarded by many of my mentors as the closest thing to a Red Jungle fowl having non enhancers aside from sex link gold(s+)... I wish you good luck my friend and I can't wait to see your efforts turn into results...

Back
Top Bottom