B.B Red Old english game thread! Show 'em off!!

I tried to take more pics today but they wouldn't cooperate. They were mad at me for putting them in the conditioning cages. My hen is actually better than my roo. She just wasn't in a good position than. The ones I hatched from them don't have as good color but they inherited the good form.

Here is my little rooster. He was supposed to be my daughters 4H show bird, but we didn't have the stomach to dub him. So instead, he is the master of the laying flock! He's never been happier!

69423_10_26_008.jpg

69423_10_26_004.jpg

I am a brand new chicken keeper and I ended up with a 6 mo old BB Red hen. I actually bought 3 chicks from a breeder and he had two of these little hens in the garage in a tiny cage with a wire floor. I felt so bad for them I offered to buy them a week later, one was dead and I took the last one knowing NOTHING about the breed or even what she was.

She is adorable and FEISTY! She is in a brooder next to the chicks for now and sheesh, I have to keep my dogs away from the cage when I open it up as she gives them the evil eye and thinks about attacking them! I am scared she will launch herself out of the cage! Very sweet to me though, talks a lot and is learning all about table scraps and hand feeding.

If there are any other threads that talk about these guys please share as I need to educate myself.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom