[b]boldtext [b]

MIgourdgirl

In the Brooder
10 Years
Aug 19, 2009
Benton Harbor, Michigan
Can anyone give me a heads up on what the white powdery looking substance is on my silkie roos wattles. It's on both wattles. No raised bumps or anything--just kindof like someone lightly painted some white paint on his wattles. I have noticed a couple other chickens with a very small amount of this on wattles--no one is losing feathers so far. The weather finally warmed up here in Michigan, and I have snow melting everywhere, plus it has been raining, so my chickens are getting wet. There were a lot of cobwebs in the rafters of my chicken building when I was able to start cleaning out after winter. I'd appreciate any input, suggestions, or help. So far, all chickens are acting normal and happy--this roo is crowing and sparring with another roo, eating okay--doesn't seem to be troubled. Haven't seen anything like this in the past, but would like to know if it's bad news.

Thanks

39464_silkie_roo.jpg

I can barely even see the wattles in the pic. I do see a weird comb and ears, but the wattles are too small. Can you crop or retake the pic, please?

Quote:
Powdery, not waxy? If the roo seems happy, he probably is.

llsprings39, you need to go to your original post and click on edit. Retype a title, because "special effects" don't work in titles. Bolds, smilies etc are not used in thread titles. I suspect you may have gotten confused about wattles versus ears?

ETA,
welcome-byc.gif
!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom