B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by chickenmum, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Yeah, I see 2 girls, and 4 boys... [​IMG]

2. TOL Chick

TOL Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Milford, MI
    Quote:Is this right? [​IMG]

LOL!!!
    FOUR!!!!!! I only breed 5 toed silkies!!!

Thanks Tori! Had a rough day - my diabetic daughter had to be picked up from college today because the morons in the health center (she went in for a female issue) tried to force her to go to the hospital for a blood sugar that could easily be managed without hospitalization! Poor kid has had juvenile diabetes for a decade & knows when she's in danger --- she wasn't! So mama lion had to drive 3 hours each way to save her from the creepy nurses. Within an hour, her sugar was dropping & it was normal by the time I got there. [​IMG]

Sorry --- I had to spew!

[​IMG] from me too...

3. TOL Chick

TOL Chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2010
    Milford, MI
    Quote:gorgeous! Congrats!

4. tgrlily

tgrlily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:LOL!!!
    FOUR!!!!!! I only breed 5 toed silkies!!!

Thanks Tori! Had a rough day - my diabetic daughter had to be picked up from college today because the morons in the health center (she went in for a female issue) tried to force her to go to the hospital for a blood sugar that could easily be managed without hospitalization! Poor kid has had juvenile diabetes for a decade & knows when she's in danger --- she wasn't! So mama lion had to drive 3 hours each way to save her from the creepy nurses. Within an hour, her sugar was dropping & it was normal by the time I got there. [​IMG]

Sorry --- I had to spew!

[​IMG] from me too...

Thanks, ladies!! [​IMG]
    I feel much better now that she's safe at home. [​IMG]

Jen --- The six eggs are officially in lockdown! [​IMG] I set my White & Colored Dorking eggs from Ed Hart yesterday.

Dave --- I didn't count which SG eggs were from who, but I still have 30 out of 40 developing strong!

Tori --- PM me! I have 6 eggs for you so far. [​IMG] I'll collect whatever they lay this weekend & mail them out on Monday.

5. tazcat70

tazcat70 I must be crazy!

I candled my dorking eggs from Ed Hart last night and pulled out 7 more. That leaves a total of 23 eggs. 1 x (a dorking cross) 3 white and 19 coloreds! [​IMG]

Good luck with everyones eggs!

6. Urbanfarmerkc

Urbanfarmerkc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Raytown, MO (BY KCMO)
    Quote:[​IMG] from me too...

Thanks, ladies!! [​IMG]

Jen --- The six eggs are officially in lockdown! [​IMG] I set my White & Colored Dorking eggs from Ed Hart yesterday.

Dave --- I didn't count which SG eggs were from who, but I still have 30 out of 40 developing strong!

Tori --- PM me! I have 6 eggs for you so far. [​IMG] I'll collect whatever they lay this weekend & mail them out on Monday.

Mine will be the ones that hatch with a southern accent... I'm originally from TN. LOL MIne were consistantly hatching about 80 to 85%

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  7. tgrlily

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse
    Quote:Thanks, ladies!! [​IMG]

Mine will be the ones that hatch with a southern accent... I'm originally from TN. LOL MIne were consistantly hatching about 80 to 85%

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Oh, no! The others will have a southern accent too!!! They're from Texas!
    I know --- different dialect! [​IMG]

8. Yellow House Farm

Yellow House Farm Overrun With Chickens

Jun 22, 2009
    Barrington, NH
    Quote:Very nice. Ed's Colored's are quite lovely. I have two of his colored hens here. There have excellent feather quality.

Coloreds are a challenge to breed because of color variation. However, if there were five or more breeders willing to concentrate on them, we could work as a club to enter the RC Colored into the Standard.

9. Mrs MIA

Mrs MIA Chick Magnet

Mar 3, 2008
    Quote:Very nice. Ed's Colored's are quite lovely. I have two of his colored hens here. There have excellent feather quality.

Coloreds are a challenge to breed because of color variation. However, if there were five or more breeders willing to concentrate on them, we could work as a club to enter the RC Colored into the Standard.

I might be up for that challenge next year... [​IMG]

10. tgrlily

Mar 11, 2009
    East Syracuse

We only need five breeders to work on them to enter them in the Standard? Nice! [​IMG]
    I need to know more about the process of adding varieties to the SOP.

For some reason I was under the impression that colored bred true, but that's ok. Will they breed true once you reach the color in the SOP? I love a challenge!
    I'm hatching everything the girls lay & have had a few surprises --- I'm guessing from our "light grey" hen. I have to take some pics.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by