B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Thanks. I had three cockerals to choose from and they were all nice. He had the best tail and comb combination though. I have one lone hen and probably should have taken her, but it was my first show so I was being cautious.
All my Dorkings came from Dick Horstman.

ya.gif
cool! I'm on a waiting list for some stock from him!! Very excited ^^

ya.gif
cool! I'm on a waiting list for some stock from him!! Very excited ^^

They grow VERY slowly for the first 7 or 8 months then all of a sudden....WHAM fill out almost overnight. These guys are very firm and full bodied birds that weigh a lot more than they look like they would. Plus, they are stunning! I finally got a fertile egg out of them so hope to be able to hatch a few more for my flock!

I need some time to think on this. I feel like I have an STD or something.

LOL! Hopefully it is not (quite) that bad. Just sell your stock locally and be honest about it. If someone is looking to add to an existing flock, you would not want to sell them stock from your flock even though, odds are, their flock has it too....

Since these are slow to develop when can I expect pullets to start laying?

For some reason I'm having trouble posting pics on this as well as another forum. When I get it figured out I can post a pic of my 4 little dorkings.

Interesting thing happened. I remember a while back mentioning that I was interested in crossing the whites to the blacks and might get some Cuckoo colored birds. Then I was informed that would only happen if the birds carry the barred gene. Well guess what?....... Yep, I have black birds with white stripes. And that blue one I mentioned earlier also has barring.

Back
Top Bottom