B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

my sweet Dorking girls
love.gif

I'm very interested in adding some dorkings to my small flock. My success with some of the large online hatcheries has been varied when I've purchased other breeds, so I would like to find a reputable breeder to get chicks or hatching eggs. Does anyone have suggestions for where to start looking?

Thanks so much!

I'm very interested in adding some dorkings to my small flock. My success with some of the large online hatcheries has been varied when I've purchased other breeds, so I would like to find a reputable breeder to get chicks or hatching eggs. Does anyone have suggestions for where to start looking?

Thanks so much!

I'm following this, too. I've never ordered chicks. I've always purchased locally.

I've got a question. I have some SG Dorking hens that I gave my buddy because I had extra. Low and behold, this spring something got in my coop and killed every Dorking I owned. My question is: could I breed a SG standard hen to a silver duckwing old English bantam cock? And ultimately through a few generations of fine tuning, make my own line of silver gray Dorking bantams? Would I be on the right track by starting here?

I've got a question. I have some SG Dorking hens that I gave my buddy because I had extra. Low and behold, this spring something got in my coop and killed every Dorking I owned. My question is: could I breed a SG standard hen to a silver duckwing old English bantam cock? And ultimately through a few generations of fine tuning, make my own line of silver gray Dorking bantams? Would I be on the right track by starting here?

Can't sell them as dorking then. Because they are not. Bantam dorking already exist.

Can't sell them as dorking then. Because they are not. Bantam dorking already exist.
isn't that most likely how they were created? Surely from breeding smallest of the small over generations works, but Dorking traits are dominant, you can't tell me they weren't crossed with a bantam at some point

Plus, that's how people create new fresh bloodlines, by crossing with another for their color or certain traits, and breeding back to the original.....for example, I own Dutch bantams that have been crossed at some point with OEG, but I bought them as PUREBRED Dutch bantams from ideal poultry. Just like in a couple years I'll be selling purebred Dorking bantams.

Back
Top Bottom