B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Hi, my Dorkings hatched two days ago. I set 9 eggs, one died around day 6, one around day 18. I have seven wee dorking chicks.

One, a yellow and gold, has only four toes. All the others are yellow and grey at the moment.

Excited to watch the wee fellas grow and change.

Hi, my Dorkings hatched two days ago. I set 9 eggs, one died around day 6, one around day 18. I have seven wee dorking chicks.

One, a yellow and gold, has only four toes. All the others are yellow and grey at the moment.

Excited to watch the wee fellas grow and change.
do you have pictures to post?

These are two of the Dorkings.
Neo, the yellow one, has only four toes.
5D782D27-8EEB-4910-81F4-8286AD1A8AEC.jpeg
225BAB8C-3A26-45DE-AF4A-47C994D010AA.jpeg
9EA5FA22-01A9-4D7A-B6B0-C0ED39868356.jpeg
04DA1EA8-7FC3-4F7C-8249-28E46E8E0CBE.jpeg

I'm happy to see this thread becoming more active again!

I just did a test hatch of only three Silver Grey Dorking eggs....and they're all pullets! This is my first breeding of my starter flock so I'm really excited to see how the chicks grow and mature from here. Here are the day one baby photos:

SGD - Yellow - Day 1.jpg
SGD - Pink - Day 1.jpg
SGD - Green - Day 1.jpg

SGDs are auto-sexing. Although both males and females are "chipmunks" in their downy feathering, the boys are much lighter in color than the pullets with less clearly defined markings. The markings of the males are also more golden brown and diffuse in appearance, whereas the pullets will have dark and clearly defined markings.

SGDs are auto-sexing. Although both males and females are "chipmunks" in their downy feathering, the boys are much lighter in color than the pullets with less clearly defined markings. The markings of the males are also more golden brown and diffuse in appearance, whereas the pullets will have dark and clearly defined markings.
They are 75% auto sexing. You will still be fooled at hatch. You can tell when the chest feathers come in though.

Common error with certain breeds. Partridge pennesensenca is the same

They are 75% auto sexing. You will still be fooled at hatch. You can tell when the chest feathers come in though.

Common error with certain breeds. Partridge pennesensenca is the same

Then I'm feeling REALLY lucky, because so far my chicks haven't 'misguided' me as to their gender. ;) I'll be watching these little guys even more closely now that I know they can still be deceptive. Thanks for the heads-up!

Then I'm feeling REALLY lucky, because so far my chicks haven't 'misguided' me as to their gender. ;) I'll be watching these little guys even more closely now that I know they can still be deceptive. Thanks for the heads-up!
I have had it happen a couple of times but not too often.

They are very nice though SG dorkings were one of my favorites to hatch when I was hatching with the breeder.

Back
Top Bottom