B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
Quote:
Congratulations on your 4! Don't you love their little stripes?
love.gif

I'm a sorry for your one who did not make it.
sad.png
I hatched 7 last spring myself, and had one die in my hand as I was placing it in the brooder for no apparent reason at all.
hu.gif
So I took the precious little chicken soul, and buried it under a day lilly I needed to plant :) So instead of me being sad about it, it now still makes me smile when I think of it sleeping away under the lovely flowers.
jumpy.gif

Thanks!! I do love the stripes! I should take some pics... 3 look like girls to me, but it could be wishful thinking!
lol.png
I have 20 in the incubator to hopefully
fl.gif
hatch over the next three weeks. Next hatch is due Sunday, so they go into lockdown today.

It's sad when they don't make it. It happens, but it's better than having to cull a chick with problems. That's a sweet story about the day lily, though.

here are my young trio. critiques are welcome
DSC02705.jpg

DSC02701.jpg

DSC02698.jpg

boobs the roo has just started crowing last week & one of the girls is getting a bigger comb now

Quote:
Cool! My girls combs are getting quite pink now too. How old are yours? Mine are almost 23 weeks. My boy was last to start crowing, something I really appreciate!

They are nice looking birds, love Boobs nice, pure white hackle feathers. My boys are quite heavily striped.
hmm.png

I'll have to put up some current pics.
smile.png

Quote:
Cool! My girls combs are getting quite pink now too. How old are yours? Mine are almost 23 weeks. My boy was last to start crowing, something I really appreciate!

They are nice looking birds, love Boobs nice, pure white hackle feathers. My boys are quite heavily striped.
hmm.png

I'll have to put up some current pics.
smile.png

I think they are about 26 - 27 weeks old
boobs is quite stunning in the sun he has the green tint in his tail & blue in his wings, & yes his pure white is very striking.

That old and he just started crowing? YAY!!!
celebrate.gif

I wondered if mine was late starting just 'cause he was lowest ranked roo but I'm super happy if a late start is normal.
big_smile.png

My DH's only complaint is the crowing and the others started around 10 weeks old. The Dorking only joined in just a few weeks ago.

yea i thought that boobs didnt start earlier as there is an older dominant roo. he is still real squeaky & hasnt got it sussed yet but he is getting there. i was going to take a video of him 2day but i didnt get there with the camera quick enough.

Do you all think it's a good idea to do a poll or a census here to determine how many people on our BYC Dorking Club -- or BYC in general have Dorkings? We could also have a poll of who is looking for what. I suggested this on the yahoo group & since I'm not an administrator, didn't know if I was overstepping my bounds. Even though we're an "unofficial club" here, I think it might be a good thing. Especially for those Desperately Seeking Dorkings.

Back
Top Bottom