B.Y.C. Dorking Club!

Pics
Quote:
12 Eggs will be dropped off at the PO at lunch today - got swamped with work on Friday, and we were out of town over the weekend...

I'm SO sorry for your loss!

Maybe you are supposed to become a master breeder of FANTASTIC silver greys!?!
hu.gif

You are so sweet! I wish I could've done it, but something unsavory is happening in my Dorking pen. As far as I can figure, someone must be eating eggs.
sad.png

I've gotten two eggs in the last week. No feed changes, moved the young Dominiques out, because they were suspects. Going to move the young Dorkings out next & then the roosters. So frustrating! They don't lay a lot as it is -- compared to my orps, anyhow.

Any suggestions? I'm going to have John build me a rollout nest box -- in his spare time!

I do love the greys but really wanted the reds... Anyway, might just have to go with what I've go. Might split one of the Red roosters to some of the hens I'm raising... Who knows. I'm flexible.

Unless you are seeing egg guts left on the other eggs, I'm guessing they have just slowed down. I am only getting 2 or 3 eggs a day out of my 9 hens. Two just lost chicks so they are still in broody mode but the others just stopped laying. I think (from what I've read) that they lay better in the fall and winter when the drive to go broody isn't so intense.

Dave

I have done a lot of research, read most of the posts here and have become smitten with Dorkings. Unfortunately we have already gotten our chickens for this year and don't plan on replacing them till they are 2.
I live in Durant, OK and I would love to get a Silver Dorking Roo. I have all hens of multiple breeds (first time having chickens since I was a kid). Anyone know of someone that has a Roo that needs a good home? I really don't want to try and order from a hatchery since all I want is one roo.

Ok - here are a few chick pics from my first hatch of the season...

Reds: Can you stand how cute?!?

Colored: Don't you LOVE the shoes?

Dark Grey: I think he's a he :)

Back
Top Bottom