babe, babe I'm sick and tired of the word babe!!!! (rant)

Quote:
So if I call my SO "Sweetheart" does that mean I'm more likely to cheat on her?

I see your logic here and agree that sometimes players are more prone to use "Babe" or other names but I also see it going the other way too. Most successful relationships I know include pet names.

In todays society there has become vast differences in terms that were used 10, 15 even 20 years ago verses what the same term means today. Ask your kids about some of the slang they use today and compare it with what it meant to us way back when.
Babe used to be a very common pet name 20 years ago. Today we have many pet names for our significant others. The use of pet names in a relationship is very common and very acceptable. "Babe" has become a very generic term used by people who do not know the other persons name especially when dealing with a person of the opposite sex. In my generation, the term "Babe" had many different conotations depending merely on the deflection of the voice. If "She's a Babe" was said in an accepting manner and tone then it would mean that a girl was very attractive. If it was said in a sarcastic tone then it meant that she was very unattractive. If you walked up to a man or woman and said "Hey Babe" it meant that you didn't know his/her name but you were trying to get his/her attention to start up a conversation. And in recent years they even named a pig Babe in the movie of the same name. So when you hear Babe is it because they don't know your name, don't remember your name, don't want to mess up your name, use it as a pet name or think of you as a pig?????

I always thought Babe was a pig anyways...
idunno.gif

My baby and I use endearing terms all the time, lol. I try not to do it in public, I won't yell "hey baby" like I do at home, I use his real name. The things we say to each other border on ridiculous, I think it's adorable.
tongue.png

Bless your hearts, ranchhand and gritsar for your Southern selves!
Quote:
I was raised that way as well. Perhaps that's why we are always saying "Bless your heart.....".

In the South you can say anything you want about a person as long as you say "Lord help her" or "bless her heart" with it.
tongue.png

Quote:
In the South you can say anything you want about a person as long as you say "Lord help her" or "bless her heart" with it.
tongue.png

OMG, that's like G.R.I.T.S. rule #5! It's not an insult if you Bless them at the same time! LOL!!!

Back
Top Bottom