babies chewing EVERYTHING

I bring my adult goose inside at night, and she chews everything. But especially, she likes paper. So if I have an art project, or homework, or books laying around where she can reach - gone.

I swear she likes borrowed books best.
he.gif

At least my room is slightly cleaner, in a few ways at least, since she came along.
lol.png

So just an observation here........ My sebbies baby's have chewed most of the fuzz off their backs.... But today I saw white fuzzy stuff...I thought oh no a skin infection or something like that. But as I take a closer look...they are starting to get their feathers. The ones that are less plucked have less feathering. And my African baby's have zero freathing starting. So does the chewing have something to do with feather growth???? they didn't pick for the first 5 days I had them.....

Just a thought, your opinions please
idunno.gif

It makes sense that any time any bird's feathers are plucked, you can expect new growth sooner. I wouldn't go so far as to say that goslings plucking one another is any sort of useful adaptation, if that's what you are asking? But they usually do feather in faster just fine.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom