Babies early. Worried about humidity.

JennQuist

In the Brooder
Mar 13, 2020
Hello, newbie here. Placed my eggs on the evening of March 17th. Did my last candle on the 1st. Had a few I questioned so I was going to candle one last time before lock down last night and got a surprise.
First egg I picked up peeped at me! I set it back down in same position and started watching closely. I had 2 peeping and rocking!
My problrm is that my humidity is stuck at 51%. This morning I have 3 visible pips but not the ones active last night.
I threw in a wet paper towel last night to bring humidity up, but still only saying 51. Im afraid to open lid now that I have pips.
Will they survive? I have read through many threads about assisting but too afraid too. What do I warch for? I have a good look at one of the pips but worried membrane looks white. Also have seen no movement this morning from first one that internally pipped and was peeping last night.
Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you. Not sure it is reading right. Just noticed I have a dew dew drops in corners of viewing windows I don't think I had before.
Also update on Number 5. The original internal pip peeper. Shined a flashlight on it and got a response. 😁

NEED ADVICE
After partially zipping yesterday, this little guy had his egg busted a little further. He has now been sitting like this for most of the day. Is the white I'm seeing part of the egg under the shell or is it membrane? He is alert and does move his beak when I check on him, however he is no longer making peeping noises or doing any wriggling. When do I take it a step further and see if I need to assist?
20200406_175001.jpg

I honestly would peel a little back with tweezers. Just a little at a time, but I know a lot don’t recommend that.

I know, I'm surprised a chick that zipped that much can't just push out! Mine are usually like that for 5 or less minutes.

Back
Top Bottom