Baby Aussies!! Updated w/ new pics- pg 2

You're welcome...They are so adorable I just had to share! I wish we could go out and hold them, but their Mama and Daddy are very protective.

New Pics of my 3 week old babies! They are getting so big already! Feathers are growing, I don't know if they are boys or girls yet though. Still just peeping noises, no quacks. They range from all light yellow to dark...
1401_ballet_recitaletc_012.jpg

1401_ballet_recitaletc_011.jpg

Mine too! Most of the light yellow will be Silver Head. Some here and there though will basically be Snowy as well since a portion of the ducklings will be harlequin phase and some Aussies apparently carry dusky. One of my new pairs is throwing Snowies on occasion. Most with your yellow ducklings though are probably Silver Heads since your pair are Blue Heads.

Where did your Aussies come from? They are so cute. I have some (8) in the mail from Holderread. They shipped out on Monday. I should get them in the morning. I am glad there is a expert here to talk to. Do you feed them anything special to keep them small?

My Aussies came from the eggs I hatched from Asher last year. 2 hatched, I got 1 male and 1 female. I'm told they are both blue heads and I only feed them egg layer pellets or crumbles. Lettuce and peas when I have them for treats. They are naturally small ducks, just a bit larger than call ducks.
Good Luck with your babies! Please post pics of them tomorrow once you get them, OK?
Lisa

Thanks- can't wait to see them!
Also, I meant to say I'm feeding my ducklings waterfowl/gamebird starter and grower crumbles. None of them are getting egg layer pellets right now because of the young Aussies and also my young Mandarins in that pen.

Back
Top Bottom