Baby Bantam Chick Mix

timmyboyhd

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 18, 2014
Southeast Texas
I went to get more feed today and heard the chicks in the back and couldn't help myself. I decided to purchase 4 bantam chicks to add to my flock. Problem is all the bantams they had were mixed gender and mixed breed. I am fairly certain I picked females, though I'm not entirely sure. and I have no idea what the breeds are, and was wondering if someone knew. They all have feathers on their feet too. to my under standing if the feathers are even all the way across they are male and vis versa. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

This one actually looked like my Ameraucana when it was a chick that why I wanted this one!

Last edited:
It is too young to determine gender (feather sexing only works when breeds/crosses have been specifically bred for it). However, the first chick looks like a Cochin, the second is a White Silkie, the third I think is a Buff Brahma, and the 4th looks like perhaps a Porcelain D'uccle or another Cochin.

It is too young to determine gender (feather sexing only works when breeds/crosses have been specifically bred for it). However, the first chick looks like a Cochin, the second is a White Silkie, the third I think is a Buff Brahma, and the 4th looks like perhaps a Porcelain D'uccle or another Cochin.
Agreed.

They're all adorable!

X2

Back
Top Bottom