baby bird! 16 feet drop!

Chicken poppy

Fashionably late 🎤🦆
Premium Feather Member
May 9, 2021
Poppyland
Please help me! What do i do? My dad found a baby bird
AE06F18F-4FD5-4ED7-9F17-ECEA1CC5DDA0.jpeg
with about a 16 feet drop on concrete! I fed him some dried mealworms and did the best i could at making him a little nest, what do i do? It was not my idea to bring him home. My dad brought him and couldn’t reach to the nest to put him back, so now i have to take care of this little baby bird. Im going to try and see if i can get help, but for the meanwhile i need help.

Can it stand? You will need heat first of all then water with electrolytes. I have no idea what to feed it but get it warm and go from there
I don’t think so. Or not very well. Im using tissue to help support it because the legs are very spread out.

it shaking and bobbing its head up and down, and breathing heavily.

What measurements should i do?

Poor thing. I have no clue how to care for a wild baby bird this young, i doubt it will survive.

@Wyorp Rock

Im just pinging people that come to mind. Im not sure you would know how to care for a wild baby, either. I just need some help on what to do.

I don’t think so. Or not very well. Im using tissue to help support it because the legs are very spread out.

it shaking and bobbing its head up and down, and breathing heavily.

What measurements should i do?

Poor thing. I have no clue how to care for a wild baby bird this young, i doubt it will survive.
No. It cannot stand. I slightly took away some tissue slowly and it was flopping over.

I’ll ask around. I want to get this bird content and check for injuries (more then confident it has one. It has to from a 16 feet drop to cement)
I know its illegal to own and raise one, i just have to get it help, though.

Do you have a heating pad? I would make a nest with towel on top of a heat pad. Then use a syringe to feed it chick feed mash with mealworms, electrolyte water, and a bit of Nutri Drench. Keep in mind that he may not have "fell". Mom or Dad may have pushed him out because he is not healthy.

Back
Top Bottom