Baby Brahma getting picked on please help

Mehhah

Hatching
May 5, 2021
Hello
I just hatched out 6 eggs and only 1 of them is a Brahma. They are 4 days old and my Brahma is getting her foot pecked at and it is a little bloody, all 5 of the other chicks were picking on her. I separated her from the rest of them (not sure if that was the right thing to do)
Do I need to put something on her foot? Do I keep her separated? How do I stop her from being pucked on?
I am new to chicken raising and I would appreciate any and all help?

If they are picking on her to the point that she is bleeding they separating her was a good idea. There’s something called blue kote that you can get at farm stores. I use that for wounds.

Keep your Brahma separate but so she is still able to see the others. Use a bit of fencing or a clear tote in your brooder. Make sure the chicks can see each other but not touch. Give your Brahma her own food and water source. This way she can feel safe and eat as she needs. Sooner or later they should get along with each other. Then you can slowly let her out with the others.

I introduced two juveniles females to my flock and my girls were not having it for a minute. I got this no more pecking stuff from tsc and it’s worked well for me! It’s purple and smells like grapes but I put it on there heads and back of the neck and the other girls hate the taste

Attachments

• B5A539D5-2AE5-43BA-8002-FD1A43E7A85B.png
    B5A539D5-2AE5-43BA-8002-FD1A43E7A85B.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom