Help! What is wrong with this baby?

Billie371

Chirping
Apr 21, 2021
I have 9 week old babies in my coop that are separated by fencing from my big girls. I also have babies in our garage. I noticed Monday afternoon the babies had bloody stools so I started treating them with corid I am doing 2 tsp per gallon of water. Monday evening I noticed my 9 week old buff orpington laying on the ground. I brought her in the house and she is also pooping blood. So I started treating the whole flock for coccidiosis. Everyone is doing way better except this one orpington. She won't stand on her own when I try to stand her up she just falls over. I have been using a syringe to give her water. If I lay her by the food she eats. On Tuesday I gave her a couple drops of straight corid on her beak. She is still pooping blood and wont stand. I just made her some scrambled eggs and she is eating them. So my question is this actually coccidiosis or something else? Is there something else I should be doing for her? I don't want to give up on her. Also all the chickens in my coop including this girl are vaccinated. The babies in the garage were from a local breeder so they are not. Another thing I do not see any bruising on her. If I pinch her toes she moves her legs so they are not paralyzed she just won't stand. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG20231102101250.jpg
    IMG20231102101250.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 22
I have 9 week old babies in my coop that are separated by fencing from my big girls. I also have babies in our garage. I noticed Monday afternoon the babies had bloody stools so I started treating them with corid I am doing 2 tsp per gallon of water. Monday evening I noticed my 9 week old buff orpington laying on the ground. I brought her in the house and she is also pooping blood. So I started treating the whole flock for coccidiosis. Everyone is doing way better except this one orpington. She won't stand on her own when I try to stand her up she just falls over. I have been using a syringe to give her water. If I lay her by the food she eats. On Tuesday I gave her a couple drops of straight corid on her beak. She is still pooping blood and wont stand. I just made her some scrambled eggs and she is eating them. So my question is this actually coccidiosis or something else? Is there something else I should be doing for her? I don't want to give up on her. Also all the chickens in my coop including this girl are vaccinated. The babies in the garage were from a local breeder so they are not. Another thing I do not see any bruising on her. If I pinch her toes she moves her legs so they are not paralyzed she just won't stand. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

@Wyorp Rock @Eggcessive can help (i ping you both a lot, hopefully you don’t mind!).

Answered the OP on their other thread.

They had 2X posts where they added info so that thread looked like it was already answered.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/coccidiosis.1603313/#post-27286373

Back
Top Bottom