baby broilers chicks age = 5 days

mareeosama7

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2024
I have 150 baby chicks age = 5 days
I managed the temperature and the ventilation for them
otherwise they have a foamy yellow poop some times brown , sneezing without nasal discharge , some chicks raising their heads and opening their mouse and some
of them has their poop stick to their tail
I don't know what's the problem but I gave them antibiotic Tetracycline powder on the water 1 gm/lit
Does any one know what is the problem ?

Attachments

• photo_2024-03-22_08-45-08.jpg
    photo_2024-03-22_08-45-08.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 54
  • photo_2024-03-22_08-45-11.jpg
    photo_2024-03-22_08-45-11.jpg
    249.5 KB · Views: 12
  • photo_2024-03-22_08-45-14.jpg
    photo_2024-03-22_08-45-14.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 10
  • photo_2024-03-22_08-45-16.jpg
    photo_2024-03-22_08-45-16.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 12
  • photo_2024-03-22_08-45-23.jpg
    photo_2024-03-22_08-45-23.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 14
They open their beaks and pant like that when they are too hot. The poop on the butts is called pasty butt and it can also be caused by over heating and also stress. To fix the pasty butt you need to wash their butts with warm water then make sure you dry them thoroughly (a hair dryer on a warm low setting works well). You can apply some sort of lubricant (Vaseline or coconut oil) to help things slide out more easily.

Chicks do sneeze occasionally and as long as there is no discharge and they are eating and drinking normally I wouldn’t worry about it.

Stop the antibiotics. I am assuming you had these little guys shipped and that is pretty stressful for them you are going to want to put electrolytes in their water for about the first week as this helps.

Good luck!

thx alot I apprreciate your answer
but what about sneezing they are sneezing all the time
some of them is dying

I can’t be certain what exactly is causing the sneezing, it could be something environmental like dust but that is usually from using wood shavings as bedding and from the photos you posted it doesn’t look like your using those. Is the room they’re in dusty?

If there isn’t discharge coming from their nostrils and they are eating and drinking normally I wouldn’t think the sneezing is what’s making them die. Do the ones dying have pasty butt? It is fatal if not treated as it seals the chicks vent shut and prevents them from pooping.

I can’t be certain what exactly is causing the sneezing, it could be something environmental like dust but that is usually from using wood shavings as bedding and from the photos you posted it doesn’t look like your using those. Is the room they’re in dusty?

If there isn’t discharge coming from their nostrils and they are eating and drinking normally I wouldn’t think the sneezing is what’s making them die. Do the ones dying have pasty butt? It is fatal if not treated as it seals the chicks vent shut and prevents them from pooping.
I put electrolyte as you told me and I decreased the temperature
the dead ones didn't have pasty gutt
and I think you are right I don't have to be worried about the sneezing as long as there is no discharge
But the poop is not normal is either brown or yellow diaherra sometimes watery is that normal ?

And I think I figured out what made them sneezing
The feed is so fine like dust I assume there is some entered there nostrils while eating

The dust from the feed is most likely the cause of sneezing. This is totally optional but you can wet it if you want too to eliminate the dust you just have to make sure that you don’t let it sit longer than twenty four hours to prevent mold from developing, but you don’t have to they’ll be fine with regular dry crumbles.

As far as the diarrhea it is most likely from stress due to shipping (over heating can also cause it) but it is normal, the electrolytes will probably help. As far as I know the color being either brown or yellow is normal.

shipping (over heating can also cause it) but it is normal
The dust from the feed is most likely the cause of sneezing. This is totally optional but you can wet it if you want too to eliminate the dust you just have to make sure that you don’t let it sit longer than twenty four hours to prevent mold from developing, but you don’t have to they’ll be fine with regular dry crumbles.

As far as the diarrhea it is most likely from stress due to shipping (over heating can also cause it) but it is normal, the electrolytes will probably help. As far as I know the color being either brown or yellow is normal.
thank you for educating me all of this info I appreciate your help

Back
Top Bottom