Baby chick acting strange

Lisauz

Chirping
Mar 3, 2018
Hi. We have a baby chick approximately 2 weeks old that is acting strange. We started out with six chicks and we are now down to two. One is acting very strange. She is fine one minute chirping a lot even at night pecking doing chick things then she gets lethargic and doesn’t move. Goes limp and just lays there. The others acted the same way before they died but they died quick and didn’t perk back up the way she has. She does not have pasty butt, she is not cold, or hot, I’ve been giving the chicks corid for four days since that was advised when the third chick died. What is wrong? I’m at a loss.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    407.9 KB · Views: 4
It’s not smoky at all. We are feeding medicated chick started food and wood chip bedding

Hi. We have a baby chick approximately 2 weeks old that is acting strange. We started out with six chicks and we are now down to two. One is acting very strange. She is fine one minute chirping a lot even at night pecking doing chick things then she gets lethargic and doesn’t move. Goes limp and just lays there. The others acted the same way before they died but they died quick and didn’t perk back up the way she has. She does not have pasty butt, she is not cold, or hot, I’ve been giving the chicks corid for four days since that was advised when the third chick died. What is wrong? I’m at a loss.
You have a heating lamp right? If you do I could just be not warm enough for them because I've had that happen before

You have a heating lamp right? If you do I could just be not warm enough for them because I've had that happen before
I have a heating pad instead of a light. She feels fine temperature wise and the other chick with her seems fine

Back
Top Bottom