Baby chick can’t walk

Rosshomestead

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2024
I have a baby chick that’s 3 weeks old now and walked in the first few days and now she can’t balance to stand or walk. I’ve been giving her vitamin B12 (rooster booster) in her water for almost a week now but she might be improving in one leg she’s not in the other. I’m not sure what else to do for her. Anyone have any ideas?

Do you know what spraddled legs are? Just curious if that's what's wrong as it may not be too late to bind her legs to fix it.

The B12 or a B-Complex is great to give in her/their water for issues like this too.

I have a baby chick that’s 3 weeks old now and walked in the first few days and now she can’t balance to stand or walk. I’ve been giving her vitamin B12 (rooster booster) in her water for almost a week now but she might be improving in one leg she’s not in the other. I’m not sure what else to do for her. Anyone have any ideas?
Yes I’ve had a couple chicks with sprawled leg before and I fixed them but this one seems like it’s wobbly like something else

Yes I’ve had a couple chicks with sprawled leg before and I fixed them but this one seems like it’s wobbly like something else
Okay, then I guess vitamin therapy is about all you can do. It could be genetic but sounds more like that one is very vitamin deficient.

I'd also try giving Poultry Cell, like a couple of drops in an eye dropper, directly.

Last year I had similar problem with a chick. I did normal leg brace but I also opened up a couple capsules of vitamin E, I helped her get most of the liquid and by next day she was better.. good luck

Back
Top Bottom