Baby Chick not doing good

try helping it walk and stand if it perks up. dont give it too much food and water and keep a close eye on it for signs of illness you may want to separate the chick if it appears sick.

try helping it walk and stand if it perks up. dont give it too much food and water and keep a close eye on it for signs of illness you may want to separate the chick if it appears sick.
He doesn’t really seem sick. Just disoriented almost. And I’ve dipped his beak in some water a couple of times, and he hasn’t eaten anything.

I actually have another chick (#2 lol ) there’s 3. But #2 is sitting like that. With his legs out in front of him. But he’s staring to walk pretty well.
Awesome! Glad to hear it. I had to hold my little gal up and let her feet go between my fingers and force them down for a few days while massaging her tiny muscles. Had to hold her up to the feed so she could eat. Happy to say, she is healthy these days!

that is what i would suspect. it might have an issue with its legs. physical therapy will help. did you happen to notice that when it could stand how far apart its legs were?

Awesome! Glad to hear it. I had to hold my little gal up and let her feet go between my fingers and force them down for a few days while massaging her tiny muscles. Had to hold her up to the feed so she could eat. Happy to say, she is healthy these days!
That’s great :) out of the three that hatched they all seem to have some leg problems, each getting worse. #1 has a very red leg and a black toe when he hatched, which ended up falling off. #2 has problems getting his legs under him, and was sitting on his butt with his legs out in front of him. He seems to get the hang of walking now. But #3 is the worst, and is limp and lethargic and Almost disoriented

splay-leg-square-2-01.png

okay so do something like this to keep its legs together. a bandaid will work just as well as long as you can hold the legs together.

that is what i would suspect. it might have an issue with its legs. physical therapy will help. did you happen to notice that when it could stand how far apart its legs were?
It’s legs seem a normal width apart. But he just lays on his side. It’s almost like he has mini seizures his head shakes and he’s limp. But after a couple minutes he’s kicking around again.

That’s great :) out of the three that hatched they all seem to have some leg problems, each getting worse. #1 has a very red leg and a black toe when he hatched, which ended up falling off. #2 has problems getting his legs under him, and was sitting on his butt with his legs out in front of him. He seems to get the hang of walking now. But #3 is the worst, and is limp and lethargic and Almost disoriented
I wish I had some better advice - good thing QuailExpert is on the case!

Back
Top Bottom