Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

I had to go to three different Tractor Supplies to get as close as I could the dream flock without ordering from the internet. All in all I spent about $75 on them and would have been much more for shipping from any of the sites that were recommended here. I think I had good luck. It was also nice that they were all about 1 week old when I got them so they are all healthy.

3 Buff Orpingtons
4 (one is all white?!) Areconas
3 ISA Browns
3 Black Astralopes
1 White Leghorn (he was the last leghorn at TSC and I think thats cause he was super fast and hard to catch but thats ok with me he looks real nice)

I was planning to do 5 breeds of 3 birds each and housing 15 total. I ended up with 14 which will give them a bit more room in the run/garden/coop etc. and I was able to get 4 of the colored egg birds which will be fun.

Someone at work said to put medication in the water? anyone doing that?

By the way this is my first post but I am happy to be a member here! and excited to raise chickens!

Last edited:
Love those names! Lol! Road-kill and char-broil! That's great!

Now, what I got on here to ask about. Is it normal for my laying hens to have varying stools. Sometimes they are normal and then they are very loose. Still new to all this, and love my big girls as much as my babies. Is it normal for them to vary sometimes??

My older chicks in the greenhouse with me.

My baby chicks and bantams in their brooder

Our sweet baby Mallards

Our babies that we just bought on Saturday! 3 little Black Australorp girls! Named by my three year old daughter - Johnny, Cooper and Buttercup! :) Our FIRST EVER chickens! So beyond excited! I *believe* they are about 9 or so days old.

Anira

I believe that your unknown bantam is a golden laced seabright

I have one of my own

I thought it might have been a few days ago, but for some reason I imagined the color was wrong, but I guess it is!

So far I've gotten breeds that I have wanted, Sumatra, Buttercup, and now Sebright, from my mystery banties. I wouldn't let the person at the store choose which ones I got. Technically customers aren't allowed to handle the chicks, but I spent a good 15 minutes looking at them before deciding which ones I wanted, and I wasn't going to settle for any others. She wasn't happy about it, but I didn't really care.

I wouldn't even let her pick a random SLW and Brown Leghorn. I had already chosen the ones I wanted, because they were different than the rest.

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
Here are a few pictures of our Orp, Barred & Red with our Brussels Griffon, Kneesaa.
Kneesaa likes keeping a close eye on her flock..

Last edited:
This was taken the day I brought them home from the farm store. My first chickens, I was very excited! The black australorp is named Alduin the World-Eater. The others, from left to right: Tater Tot (buff orpington), Lemongrab (speckled sussex), and Fish Sandwich (easter egger).

Tater Tot was very suspicious.

Fish Sandwich has decided she likes to be picked up. Every time I reach into the brooder, she runs over and jumps onto my hand, shoving the others out of the way if necessary. They're now almost two weeks old.

This is my Little Bit. She was so little when we got her. Think she was the runt :), but she's our runt. She is right about 2 weeks and her feathers are finally coming in. A late bloomer I guess but a good climber!

Back
Top Bottom