Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Quote: I keep the humidity up around 75% when I'm hatching, plus because of the shape of the incubator, the humidity doesn't "spill" out when I open it, so as long as I'm quick, the heat and humidity mostly stay in.

To be on the safe side, I don't open it if any chicks have fully pipped or are in the process of zipping, but I haven't had any problem with the humidity fluctuations affecting my hatch.

Here's the first five babies that hatched, already fluffy and dry. We've got some Polish Crested, Orpington, Welsummer, Barred Rock, and a whole lotta Easter Egger genetics going on in here.

Mother is my gold-laced Polish crested Bjork. Daddy is Gryffindor,

Not sure what's going on here, but I think an Easter Egger was involved.

Welsummer mother, uknown father.

Mama was an Easter Egger, daddy is unknown.

Some sort of barred rock mix. I've ended up with a lot of those these last few hatches!

My 5 day old silkies. One black and two splash. Just lovely little ones. :)

my humidity is 64% is that ok?
The instructions for my incubator said between 45% and 55% for setting, and 55%-65% for lockdown, but eggs can usually handle much wider ranges than that. I've seen several people post that they incubate their eggs without adding any humidity at all until they actually go to lockdown, and some folks keep the humidity as high as 80% or higher during lockdown.

Humidity should be relatively low during setting so that the air cells can develop, and high during lockdown so that the chicks don't dry out and get stuck in their shells while hatching.

If anyone remembers Sal he is getting bigger and meaner he is the blue, the dark are black copper marans and the white is a Delaware.

these are some of my little bebes on the left is a BCM, Barred rock, naked neck, gray to the front is an EE, just a head peeking is an isbar, behind just the head is a GLW, and a silky and behind the barred is a buff o.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom