Baby Chick Pictures!!!!! POST!

Quote: Pretty sure this is an Australorp/Cuckoo Marans mix. Just hatched out in the last day or so, I'm guessing. Does anyone know how long it takes them to dry off under a broody?

My rir
I go a couple new chicks. The help at the store couldn't tell me how old they were besides "at least two weeks", i suspect they are quite a bit older. Can you help me narrow down their age? Thanks! The black one is a barred Plymouth Rock, and the brown a Rhode Island Red. The black is quite a bit bigger.
My rir will be 2 weeks tomorrow and she has way more feathers than that. She was the first of my 3 breeds , Orpingtons and leghorns to grow tail feathers. Orps are just starting to get theirs. My first time with chicks so I don't know much, but that is my experience so far!

I go a couple new chicks. The help at the store couldn't tell me how old they were besides "at least two weeks", i suspect they are quite a bit older. Can you help me narrow down their age? Thanks!

The black one is a barred Plymouth Rock, and the brown a Rhode Island Red. The black is quite a bit bigger.

Have you figured out the black chicks breed yet?
I got 3 Black Sex Link and man mine look just like that one.

Have you figured out the black chicks breed yet?
I got 3 Black Sex Link and man mine look just like that one.

I don't know anything for sure, but she does look a lot like the black sex link pics i've seen. The black one is about 40% larger than the yellow, even though their feather have come in almost exactly the same.

As long as it is hardy and a good layer, it's OK, i was just hoping for a different breed than the ones I have to keep all of them easy to tell apart.

Back
Top Bottom