baby chick with bare spots on wings

dharmasister

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 30, 2014
Slidell, Louisiana
I have three 6-week old light Brahma chicks. One of them has developed bare patches on the tops of her wings. I've been watching carefully to see if the other chicks have been pecking at her or if she has been plucking them herself and this doesn't seem to be the case. What else could be the cause of this and how concerned she I be about it. Her behavior and everything else are perfectly normal.

Do you have any photos of this? All the chicks Ive had, had a small bare spot (i would assume their shoulder blade) where the back meets the wing. From what Ive gathered its just a spot that will eventually grow feathers. Their bone makes it stick out to appear bear.

But that might not be the spot youre referring to

Do you have any photos of this? All the chicks Ive had, had a small bare spot (i would assume their shoulder blade) where the back meets the wing. From what Ive gathered its just a spot that will eventually grow feathers. Their bone makes it stick out to appear bear.

But that might not be the spot youre referring to

I edited my post to add photos but it popped up as a separate post. Don't know how to delete a post once it's on the forum. check the duplicate post for pics and thanks for your input.

Back
Top Bottom