BABY CHICK WITH TUMOR LOOKING GROWTH ON BEAK!! PLEASE HELP!!!

new2green

Chirping
9 Years
Nov 16, 2013
Out of 7 babies, only 3 are left. Hawk took the others
sad.png

T

This baby has a growth on his beak, does anybody know what it is or has any suggestions?
Please help!!!

How about a little fleshing out of your story? How old? Where? How? Better photos.

If that chick is a couple days old, the bump could be an "egg tooth", assists in getting it out of its shell.

Sorry for the lack of info, I'm new at this.
We are in Florida, the baby is about 3 weeks, part silky and part something else... :)
The tumor is growing and one eye is closed. I am going to try and get better pics. It is a fast little baby and mom is very mean!

No idea what it is. It grew a lot and looks like stopped. He (or she) is running around like nothing is wrong. Doesn't miss a beat, just can't see from one eye and looks pretty bad.
I will post another picture Thursday. Tomorrow i'm out of town.

How is he doing now?

I have had a few chicks get that growth on their beak... grows quite large, then turns black and hard.. then eventually it just falls off. They only ever get one growth on the beak.. and its always at the top near their nostril... weird. Maybe some kind of mild dry pox?

I don't worry now if one gets it... I know it will go and there will be no problem... I have had about 5 chicks get this over the years.. and only one got a bit of a deformed beak from it... but as it grew older the beak straightened out on its own.

I would love to know what this really is.. so if you find any info please let me know.

Hope you little one is getting better... I never had one of mine had the eye problem with the growth. Maybe try to clean the eye in case he has got some dirt of infection in it.

Back
Top Bottom