emmsx3

Chirping
Nov 30, 2019
I have 3 one week old baby chicks and I noticed when they eat their starter crumbles, they sneeze. Usually they don't like to eat the large pieces so I break them a little or wet the feed just to make it easier for them. Cause if they are large dry pieces they don't eat it as much. I have VetRx in case and I have only used it on 2 of the chicks but they still seem to be still sneezing. Is this normal? Should I stop breaking the crumbles too much since it may be dusty? I don't want them to get a respiratory infection. Any advice for prevention or treatment, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you.

I have 3 one week old baby chicks and I noticed when they eat their starter crumbles, they sneeze. Usually they don't like to eat the large pieces so I break them a little or wet the feed just to make it easier for them. Cause if they are large dry pieces they don't eat it as much. I have VetRx in case and I have only used it on 2 of the chicks but they still seem to be still sneezing. Is this normal? Should I stop breaking the crumbles too much since it may be dusty? I don't want them to get a respiratory infection. Any advice for prevention or treatment, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you.

If chickens are eating or drinking, and they get a little dust over their nostrils, they will sneeze to remove it. Or if they are drinking from a water dish and get a little water of their nose, they will sneeze or shake their heads. what you need to notice is. when they start to sneeze no doing any of the 2. there probably something wrong.

Cause if they are large dry pieces they don't eat it as much.
Yup, I've found this to be true....I run the crumbles thru the blender for the first couple weeks.

I don't want them to get a respiratory infection.
Sneezing from dust will not give them a respiratory infection....bacteria and viruses do that.

If chickens are eating or drinking, and they get a little dust over their nostrils, they will sneeze to remove it. Or if they are drinking from a water dish and get a little water of their nose, they will sneeze or shake their heads. what you need to notice is. when they start to sneeze no doing any of the 2. there probably something wrong.

Don't bother breaking up the crumble. They can eat stuff much bigger than a crumble. Possibly the Brooder is a bit dry so they have a sneeze. As long as they are up and peeping happily you have nothing to worry about..:frow

I noticed that when I first started giving them their chick starter crumbles. I tried looking to see if they had any mucus coming out from their nose but there was nothing so all is good. And so far they are walking around and very energetic and cheeping happily (also already wanting to fly out of the brooder lol) so I'm guessing all is good :) Thank you all!

Back
Top Bottom